moderated Adjusting JAWS Volume

Steven Hicks

Thanks so much, really useful!

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Curtis Chong
Sent: 27 January 2022 18:02
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Adjusting JAWS Volume

Indeed there is, assuming you are using JAWS 2022 the latest version.

INSERT+SPACE, then V, then J. Use up/down arrow keys to make the adjustment and Escape to finish.

If you are running an older version of JAWS, you will need to invoke sndvol through the Windows Run command.

Kindly,

Curtis Chong

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Steven Hicks
Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2022 10:56 AM
Subject: Adjusting JAWS Volume

Is there a way to adjust the volume of JAWS independently of other apps with the keyboard e.g. if I have music playing, can I turn up JAWS a bit more to gove the top of the music better when it is speaking?

Stan Bobbitt

Hi,

To expand a bit, you can also adjust the system volume similarly:

INSERT+SPACE, V, then S. Use the up and down arrow keys to make any adjustments and Escape when finished.

HTH,

StanB

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Curtis Chong
Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2022 1:02 PM
Subject: Re: Adjusting JAWS Volume

INSERT+SPACE, then V, then J. Use up/down arrow keys to make the adjustment and Escape to finish.

If you are running an older version of JAWS, you will need to invoke sndvol through the Windows Run command.

Kindly,

Curtis Chong

Is there a way to adjust the volume of JAWS independently of other apps with the keyboard e.g. if I have music playing, can I turn up JAWS a bit more to gove the top of the music better when it is speaking?

Curtis Chong

Kindly,

Curtis Chong

Steven Hicks