From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mark
Sent: Monday, January 24, 2022 9:25 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: get current rate of speech?

This seems like an question that would get asked a lot, but I haven't been able to find an answer. Is there a shortcut command to get your current rate of speech?

Udo Egner-Walter

Hi Mark,

like Bill said: there's no such key but you can write your own script to get informed about the voice rate of the synthesizer in use.

<Code start>

Script SpeakVoiceRate ()

SayInteger (GetVoiceRate (VCTX_GLOBAL))

EndScript

<Code end>

The parameter in the GetVoiceRate () function is the cursor you want to get informed about. The constants are listed in the HJConst.jsh:

VCTX_GLOBAL = "Global"
VCTX_MESSAGE = "Message"
VCTX_KEYBOARD = "Keyboard"
VCTX_PCCURSOR = "PCCursor"
VCTX_JAWSCURSOR = "JAWSCursor"
VCTX_SAY_ALL = "SayAll"
VCTX_MENU_AND_DIALOG = "MenuAndDialog"

If you need more information about installing a script, let me know

Udo

Am 25.01.2022 um 06:24 schrieb Mark <mweiler@...>:

This seems like an question that would get asked a lot, but I haven't been able to find an answer. Is there a shortcut command to get your current rate of speech?

Steve Nutt

Depends on how you change the speech rate.

For example, if you use Control Alt Page Up, you will speed up only the current session. If you use Control Alt Windows Page Up, you will speed up globally, so alt tabbing will then retain that speech rate.

All the best

Steve

Computer Room Services

77 Exeter Close

Stevenage

Hertfordshire

SG1 4PW

T: +44(0)1438-742286

M: +44(0)7956-334938

F: +44(0)1438-759589

E: steve@...

From: Udo Egner-Walter via groups.io [mailto:udo.egnerwalter@...]
Date: Wednesday, January 26, 2022, 8:40 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

<mailto:mweiler@...>>:

[...]

Hi Mario,

you wrote:

It was Mike B who asked for detailed steps.
Oh sorry.

if you don't mind, I'll write you off list about a script I need some help with when I have enough time.
No problem, write if you have the time, I'll wait.

Udo