moderated Search functionality in Gmail standard view

On Thu, Jan 20, 2022 at 11:43 PM, Rahul Bajaj wrote:
Screenshot of the problem is attached.
-
Attachments are not supported by this group, and many on Groups.io, so it was stripped.  You would need to put it on Google Drive, Dropbox,or similar and supply a link to it.

Rahul Bajaj

Hi,

Have tried changing screen reader switching, swindow maximizing and using /. None worked. Screenshot of the problem is attached.

Rahul

On Mon, 17 Jan 2022 at 02:10, MAYANK SHARMA <mayanks2010@...> wrote:
Hi Rahul,

I've tried replicating the jaws issue on Chrome and Edge with Jaws 20. I'm consistently finding the search edit  below the heading. Have you come across that with any other screen reader, in case you've tried it? Do check if your Chrome is up to date.
There's a shortcut to open search edit box using the'/'  key when in focus mode just in case, please do check if that works.

Kind regards

Mayank

On Sun, Jan 16, 2022 at 1:43 PM Rahul Bajaj <rahul.bajaj1038@...> wrote:
Hi,

I use Gmail standard view with jaws in edge and chrome. The problem I am facing is that it often says that the search mail/all conversations functionality is unavailable. I am referring to the first option under the 'search' heading. I am forced  to then switch to basic HTML view. Are there ways to consistently use the search function in Gmail standard view?

Warmly,
Rahul

Rahul Bajaj
Senior Resident Fellow,
Vidhi Centre for Legal Policy, New Delhi, India
Rhodes Scholar (India and Linacre 2018)
University of Oxford

Rahul Bajaj
Senior Resident Fellow,
Vidhi Centre for Legal Policy, New Delhi, India
Rhodes Scholar (India and Linacre 2018)
University of Oxford

MAYANK SHARMA

[...]

Bill White

Hi, Rahul. Next time this happens in Standard View, check the following,

1. Is your browser maximized?

2. Are other windows closed?

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

I use Gmail standard view with jaws in edge and chrome. The problem I am facing is that it often says that the search mail/all conversations functionality is unavailable. I am referring to the first option under the 'search' heading. I am forced  to then switch to basic HTML view. Are there ways to consistently use the search function in Gmail standard view?

Warmly,

Rahul

Rahul Bajaj
Senior Resident Fellow,
Vidhi Centre for Legal Policy, New Delhi, India
Rhodes Scholar (India and Linacre 2018)
University of Oxford

I know it isn't generally done on these groups, for kinda obvious reasons, but a screenshot after this has occurred would help me.  I've never had Gmail search be unavailable if I'm in a place where a search is appropriate.  I can't picture what confluence of events would cause it to not be available when in a mailbox.