moderated A pretty basic jaws question about adding braille support

Kimber Gardner

Hi all,

I feel a little silly because I can't figure this out on my own, but
jaws 2022 looks different enough that I'm stumped.

I have a focus 40 display and I want to add braille support to jaws on
my windows laptop. I used to do that on the jaws screen under file but
that doesn't appear to be the case any longer.

Could someone please give me directions?

Thanks in advance.

Kim

--
Kimberly

Debby Hill

Hi Kimber,

I have my JAWS in the notification area, but I think this will still help. In JAWS go to the file tab, then options and arrow down. One option is braille. Press enter on that and tab a couple of times to "add braille display." If that still doesn't help, let me know, and I will take my JAWS out of the notification area and take a look.

Take care and stay safe!

Debby

I feel a little silly because I can't figure this out on my own, but jaws 2022 looks different enough that I'm stumped.

I have a focus 40 display and I want to add braille support to jaws on my windows laptop. I used to do that on the jaws screen under file but that doesn't appear to be the case any longer.

Could someone please give me directions?

Thanks in advance.

Kim

--
Kimberly

Steve Nutt

Hi,

It's not under File and never has been.

It's under Options, then Braille.

All the best

Steve

Computer Room Services
77 Exeter Close
Stevenage
Hertfordshire
SG1 4PW
T: +44(0)1438-742286
M: +44(0)7956-334938
F: +44(0)1438-759589
E: steve@...
I feel a little silly because I can't figure this out on my own, but jaws 2022 looks different enough that I'm stumped.

I have a focus 40 display and I want to add braille support to jaws on my windows laptop. I used to do that on the jaws screen under file but that doesn't appear to be the case any longer.

Could someone please give me directions?

Thanks in advance.

Kim

--
Kimberly

Kimber Gardner

When I attempt to open options the only choices are exit and about
jaws. I know that isn't right. Could there be something wrong with my
instalolation? Otherwise jaws seems to be functioning the way it
should.

On 1/14/22, Steve Nutt <steve@...> wrote:
[...]

Milton Ota

When you op;opened and pulled down the Options, did you press Enter?

After Pressing Enter you should then see the Braille Display.

Now, Are you connecting the display via USB or Blutooth?

Whatever you choose needs to be established first before you and setup your braille display.

I'm offering you help via tandam, if interested, contact me privately with day and time you are available and your phone number. I'm in the Central time Zone.

I sent you a private message so you could respond,respond. This won't take me very long to help. Its your choice than struggling to figure this out.

I feel a little silly because I can't figure this out on my own, but
jaws
2022 looks different enough that I'm stumped.

I have a focus 40 display and I want to add braille support to jaws on
my windows laptop. I used to do that on the jaws screen under file but
that doesn't appear to be the case any longer.

Could someone please give me directions?

Thanks in advance.

Kim

--
Kimberly

--
Kimberly

Debby Hill

Hi Kimber,

If you haven't done it already, it sounds as though JAWS needs to be repaired. If you have questions about doing that let us know.

Debby

I feel a little silly because I can't figure this out on my own, but
jaws
2022 looks different enough that I'm stumped.

I have a focus 40 display and I want to add braille support to jaws on
my windows laptop. I used to do that on the jaws screen under file but
that doesn't appear to be the case any longer.

Could someone please give me directions?

Thanks in advance.

Kim

--
Kimberly

--
Kimberly

Steve Nutt

Hi,

When you open JAWS, you need to go down, or across, depending on how you have JAWS configured.

But when you hear Options, try pressing B for Braille.

All the best

Steve

Computer Room Services
77 Exeter Close
Stevenage
Hertfordshire
SG1 4PW
T: +44(0)1438-742286
M: +44(0)7956-334938
F: +44(0)1438-759589
E: steve@...

I feel a little silly because I can't figure this out on my own, but
jaws
2022 looks different enough that I'm stumped.

I have a focus 40 display and I want to add braille support to jaws on
my windows laptop. I used to do that on the jaws screen under file but
that doesn't appear to be the case any longer.

Could someone please give me directions?

Thanks in advance.

Kim

--
Kimberly

--
Kimberly

Kimber Gardner

First I want to thank everyone who offered help and suggestions. A
jaws repair fixed the problem.

Kim