moderated Navigating to wi-fi to connect 1st time.

Bill Tessore

Hi, my laptop running Windows 7 with JAWS 17.0.2729 used to be directly connected to our satellite dish, now it’s not and I’d like to use our wi-fi. Unfortunately, pressing Insert with F11 didn’t put me in the internet connection type dropdown menu or dialog box. So, can someone give me a pathway to find were I can tell my laptop to access our wi-fi signal? Thanks.

Shalom,

Bill Tessore
billtessore@...

I haven't used Windows 7 since 2015, but I do seem to remember that WiFi (or maybe they called it Internet) was one of the icons that appeared in the system tray and I do know that this is what I activated to bring up the list of available connections back then, and use that method under Windows 10.

Bill Tessore

Yes, the sytem tray is where Insert with F11 took me, but I didn’t find an icon for internet connection.

Shalom,

Bill Tessore
billtessore@...

On Jan 12, 2022, at 8:55 PM, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:

I haven't used Windows 7 since 2015, but I do seem to remember that WiFi (or maybe they called it Internet) was one of the icons that appeared in the system tray and I do know that this is what I activated to bring up the list of available connections back then, and use that method under Windows 10.

Mike B.

You need to tell your system from Taskbar properties to display the Network icon in the system tray.  Try this:
1. From the desktop press, Windows key + T, to open the Taskbar, and press, Alt + Enter, to open the Taskbar properties.

2. Tab to Notification area customize button, and press enter.

3. Tab to, Network..., and up arrow to, show icon in notifications.

4. Tab to, Okay, press the spacebar and again tab to, Okay, and press enter to save / close.

You can also go to the control panel /             Network and sharing..., and press enter.  I can't give you steps from here since I'm connected  via ethernet, but try pressing enter on the, connect or disconnect link, or find the Wifi option and press enter on it.  Sorry but this is the best I can do at the moment.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.
Sent from my iBarstool