moderated Jaws convenient ocr with hp all in one scanner

Don Risavy, Jr. <djrisavyjr@...>

Well am able to use the installed printer app or device to scan; but, was trying to use another program like openbook or Kurzweil and the jaws convenient ocr and my hp scanner shows up; but, unable to successfully scan.

Thanks.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Tony
Sent: Sunday, January 9, 2022 4:00 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Jaws convenient ocr with hp all in one scanner

Before it died my HP all-in-one was connected by ethernet and would print but I could not select it as a scanner.

Tony

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Don Risavy, Jr. via groups.io
Sent: Sunday, January 9, 2022 1:37 PM

Yes it’s turned on as am able to use it and have used it today etc. with the scanner part of the devices software or drivers that are loaded.

There’s only one choice showing up to choose from.

So wondering if the problem is that have my all in one connected through the network or ethernet connection instead of usb?

Haven’t tried that as am able to scan and print etc. with no problems when needed with things set up the way have them. I was  just that was trying to see if would obtain a cleaner scan result after scanned.

Thanks.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Justice
Sent: Sunday, January 9, 2022 12:36 PM

Hi Don,

If there is more than one device listed, try using one of the other devices, sometimes your device will show up

with a name that you don't recognize.

Make sure the preferred device is powered on.

HTH,

Rick

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Sunday, January 09, 2022 7:49 AM

Subject: Jaws convenient ocr with hp all in one scanner

Hello,

I’m trying to use jaws 2022 convenient ocr with my all in one hp device connected to my computer through my network. The hp scanner shows up when launch the jaws convenient ocr; but, when try to scan doesn’t recognize the scanner or work property.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks.

Don

Tony

Before it died my HP all-in-one was connected by ethernet and would print but I could not select it as a scanner.

Tony

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Don Risavy, Jr. via groups.io
Sent: Sunday, January 9, 2022 1:37 PM

Yes it’s turned on as am able to use it and have used it today etc. with the scanner part of the devices software or drivers that are loaded.

So wondering if the problem is that have my all in one connected through the network or ethernet connection instead of usb?

Haven’t tried that as am able to scan and print etc. with no problems when needed with things set up the way have them. I was  just that was trying to see if would obtain a cleaner scan result after scanned.

Thanks.

Hi Don,

If there is more than one device listed, try using one of the other devices, sometimes your device will show up

HTH,

Rick

Hello,

I’m trying to use jaws 2022 convenient ocr with my all in one hp device connected to my computer through my network. The hp scanner shows up when launch the jaws convenient ocr; but, when try to scan doesn’t recognize the scanner or work property.

Thanks.

Don

Thanks.

Hi Don,

HTH,

Rick

Hello,

Thanks.

Don

Richard Justice

Hi Don,
HTH,
Rick

Hello,

Thanks.

Don

Thanks for this info.

I’m trying to use my scanner from my hp all in one that is connected via ethernet connection or via the network set up here at my place.

The jaws convenient ocr program sees my hp all in one and when try to acquire something on the scanner doesn’t scan.

So that’s why reaching out to see how can make this work.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Lee Anne Atkinson
Sent: Sunday, January 9, 2022 9:54 AM

Hello,

I have an HP all-in-1.  I find if I use HP Scan and Capture and a lot of patience with the JAWS cursor I can select to scan a document.  Once the scan is complete the buttons and menus are fairly accessible.  I save my document to the desktop in a pdf format and then I can choose the OCR with JAWS.  If you just want to read a document, I find that scanning/capturing with my phone produces good results, too. 

Hope this helps,

Lee Anne

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Don Risavy, Jr.
Sent: Sunday, January 9, 2022 7:49 AM
To: Jaws windows <main@jfw.groups.io>

Hello,

Thanks.

Don

Lee Anne Atkinson

Hello,

I have an HP all-in-1.  I find if I use HP Scan and Capture and a lot of patience with the JAWS cursor I can select to scan a document.  Once the scan is complete the buttons and menus are fairly accessible.  I save my document to the desktop in a pdf format and then I can choose the OCR with JAWS.  If you just want to read a document, I find that scanning/capturing with my phone produces good results, too. 

Hope this helps,

Lee Anne

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Don Risavy, Jr.
Sent: Sunday, January 9, 2022 7:49 AM
To: Jaws windows <main@jfw.groups.io>

Hello,

Thanks.

Don

Hello,

Thanks.

Don