moderated F6 being announced

Ashleigh Piccinino

Sometimes, F6 is used to cycle between panes with jaws. This might be what you're experiencing.

Sent from Ashleigh's Fire

On December 16, 2021, at 12:01 AM, Marten Post Uiterweer <martenpu@...> wrote:

Hi Don,

I think you are using a web-application?

It seems to me, that the f6 message is coming from Jaws.
When turning of the tutor messages in Jaws menu [ins-j], Options, Basic,
then I think the message is gone.

It is not allways clear why Yaws is using a message at that moment.

Kind regards, Marten

On Wed, 15 Dec 2021 22:44:46 +0000 "Don Mauck" <don.mauck@...> wrote:

> Hi, I'm looking at an Component that puts JAWS into Application mode.
> Then I hear "press F6 to access the search pane.
> Tie issue is that developer doesn't know why this F6 message is happening. Is this a product of using Application mode/ I tried this in File Explorer and did not get this message.
> Any suggestions or thoughts would be interesting and most appreciated.

Marten Post Uiterweer

Hi Don,

I think you are using a web-application?

It seems to me, that the f6 message is coming from Jaws.
When turning of the tutor messages in Jaws menu [ins-j], Options, Basic,
then I think the message is gone.

It is not allways clear why Yaws is using a message at that moment.

Kind regards, Marten

On Wed, 15 Dec 2021 22:44:46 +0000 "Don Mauck" <don.mauck@...> wrote:

Hi, I'm looking at an Component that puts JAWS into Application mode.
Then I hear "press F6 to access the search pane.
Tie issue is that developer doesn't know why this F6 message is happening. Is this a product of using Application mode/ I tried this in File Explorer and did not get this message.
Any suggestions or thoughts would be interesting and most appreciated.

Curtis Chong

Hello Don:

I am not sure about what program you are speaking. If Outlook, then there is no applications mode, or there should not be such.

More data is appreciated here.

Kindly,

Curtis Chong