moderated Do sound schemes work in Excel?

Van Lant, Robin

Wow.  I was trying to make this so much more complex!  Thank you. I’ve made the change and will see how well it works.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of NFB Lab 4
Sent: Wednesday, December 8, 2021 9:45 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Do sound schemes work in Excel?

Press insert V, like Victor. In the search box type color. Arrow down to Font, color, and attribute detection indication and hit the to select it. Then when you go to a cell that is different than the one you were on the attributes will be spoken.

On Dec 8, 2021, at 10:34 AM, Van Lant, Robin via groups.io <Robin_Van_Lant@...> wrote:

Phillip,

I definitely get a lot of good info when hitting JAWS F – often more than I really need. The sound scheme would be valuable when I’m working on files with others.  Many people color code cells and I’d love to have a way to be alerted as I arrow through information as to whether the font color or fill color is different.  I know people mean well using color.  I’ve also thought of using the filter by color option, but it all seems to be based on knowing the numeric color codes.  This latter item is on my list to someday call Microsoft Accessibility about.  I’d love to be able to turn on autofilter, then sort by whatever colors someone has used to flag items in a particular column. If I could get one of both of these methods working, I’d be more comfortable using color to better mark things for my colleagues, too.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Phillip Gross
Sent: Tuesday, December 7, 2021 3:21 PM

WARNING: This email originated externally. Exercise caution. Think before clicking links or opening attachments.

I don't see why they wouldn't, but it's not something I ever tried when I was using Excell for eight hours a day. I'll try to sit down and play with it later. 

In the meantime, can you use Jaws key plus f when on a cell to get all of its information? I don't know if I ever tried that. Maybe that's why people claimed my sheets weren't visually appealing, but they got the job done.

KeyCorp Public

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost as a result of any transmission errors. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy.

This communication is for informational purposes only, is not an offer, solicitation, recommendation or commitment for any transaction or to buy or sell any security or other financial product, and is not intended as investment advice or as a confirmation of any transaction. Any market price, indicative value, estimate, view, opinion, data or other information herein is not warranted as to completeness or accuracy, is subject to change without notice, and KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. accepts no liability for its use or to update or keep it current. Any views or opinions are those of the individual sender, not necessarily of KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc.

The sender of this communication is a licensed securities representative employed by or associated with KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. Member FINRA/SIPC and may also represent KeyBank National Association (“KeyBank N.A.”). Securities products and services are offered by KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. Banking products and services are offered by KeyBank N.A.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key send an e-mail to DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Phillip Gross

NFB Lab beat me to it. I found this earlier while looking at the Office Accessibility list, and I was going to let you know about it.

NFB Lab 4

Press insert V, like Victor. In the search box type color. Arrow down to Font, color, and attribute detection indication and hit the to select it. Then when you go to a cell that is different than the one you were on the attributes will be spoken.

On Dec 8, 2021, at 10:34 AM, Van Lant, Robin via groups.io <Robin_Van_Lant@...> wrote:

Phillip,

I definitely get a lot of good info when hitting JAWS F – often more than I really need. The sound scheme would be valuable when I’m working on files with others.  Many people color code cells and I’d love to have a way to be alerted as I arrow through information as to whether the font color or fill color is different.  I know people mean well using color.  I’ve also thought of using the filter by color option, but it all seems to be based on knowing the numeric color codes.  This latter item is on my list to someday call Microsoft Accessibility about.  I’d love to be able to turn on autofilter, then sort by whatever colors someone has used to flag items in a particular column. If I could get one of both of these methods working, I’d be more comfortable using color to better mark things for my colleagues, too.

WARNING: This email originated externally. Exercise caution. Think before clicking links or opening attachments.

I don't see why they wouldn't, but it's not something I ever tried when I was using Excell for eight hours a day. I'll try to sit down and play with it later. 

In the meantime, can you use Jaws key plus f when on a cell to get all of its information? I don't know if I ever tried that. Maybe that's why people claimed my sheets weren't visually appealing, but they got the job done.

KeyCorp Public

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost as a result of any transmission errors. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy.

This communication is for informational purposes only, is not an offer, solicitation, recommendation or commitment for any transaction or to buy or sell any security or other financial product, and is not intended as investment advice or as a confirmation of any transaction. Any market price, indicative value, estimate, view, opinion, data or other information herein is not warranted as to completeness or accuracy, is subject to change without notice, and KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. accepts no liability for its use or to update or keep it current. Any views or opinions are those of the individual sender, not necessarily of KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc.

The sender of this communication is a licensed securities representative employed by or associated with KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. Member FINRA/SIPC and may also represent KeyBank National Association (“KeyBank N.A.”). Securities products and services are offered by KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. Banking products and services are offered by KeyBank N.A.

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key send an e-mail to DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Van Lant, Robin

Phillip,

KeyCorp Public

Phillip Gross

Van Lant, Robin

Hi,

I’m learning about sounds schemes and have started using them in Word and Outlook for proofreading.  I watched a YouTube video on tweaking a sound scheme, which I think I’ll need to do in order to get strike-through to be read out.  I’m excited about the prospect of having a sound scheme that would automatically announce the font and fill color of each cell in Excel.  I just tried every default sound scheme and none of the ones listed as announcing color do anything in my test Excel file.  Wondering if anyone has attempted this and gotten it to work?  I’m currently concerned that Excel isn’t seeing cell contents in the way needed to make sounds schemes work.

TIA,

Robin Van Lant, Sr. Program Manager

Key Equipment Finance & Key Institutional Bank

720-304-1060

KeyCorp Public