moderated Do sound schemes work in Excel?

Van Lant, Robin

Wow.  I was trying to make this so much more complex!  Thank you. I’ve made the change and will see how well it works.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of NFB Lab 4
Sent: Wednesday, December 8, 2021 9:45 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Do sound schemes work in Excel?

Press insert V, like Victor. In the search box type color. Arrow down to Font, color, and attribute detection indication and hit the to select it. Then when you go to a cell that is different than the one you were on the attributes will be spoken.

On Dec 8, 2021, at 10:34 AM, Van Lant, Robin via groups.io <Robin_Van_Lant@...> wrote:

Phillip,

I definitely get a lot of good info when hitting JAWS F – often more than I really need. The sound scheme would be valuable when I’m working on files with others.  Many people color code cells and I’d love to have a way to be alerted as I arrow through information as to whether the font color or fill color is different.  I know people mean well using color.  I’ve also thought of using the filter by color option, but it all seems to be based on knowing the numeric color codes.  This latter item is on my list to someday call Microsoft Accessibility about.  I’d love to be able to turn on autofilter, then sort by whatever colors someone has used to flag items in a particular column. If I could get one of both of these methods working, I’d be more comfortable using color to better mark things for my colleagues, too.