moderated [EXTERNAL] Re: seeking advice regarding web browsers

Sharon S

Hi, Edge will come on your new machine, it is a part of windows. I've never been in the app store so I don't know what it offers. As for the other web browsers you find them on their own web sites. If when you get your machine you let us know which browser your interested in then people will be able to give you the web address to download it from.

From Shaz.
Canberra, Australia.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Kramlinger, Keith G., M.D. via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, 17 November 2021 7:00 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: seeking advice regarding web browsers

thanks to all for the great cornucopia of advice regarding browsers. I have a lot to think about. It is still a few weeks before I get my PC, so I will be able to look in to these in some depth before making a final decision of a main browser and a back up.
when I last used a PC, I believe there was not yet an App Store. How does one get these various browsers? Is it through the App Store, or does one go to a website to download onto one’s computer? Any help in guidance will be most appreciated.
Thanks in advance. Keith

On Nov 16, 2021, at 11:09 AM, Bill White <billwhite92701@att.net> wrote:

Hi, James. Have you tried uninstalling Chrome completely, then reinstalling it? What I mean by completely uninstalling Chrome is this:

When you uninstall Chrome through either Control Panel>Programs and
Features, or via Settings>Apps and Features, Windows leaves behind
some folders and files that belong to Google Chrome. If you type into the "Run" dialog the following command, %userprofile%\AppData\local and remove the "Google" folder, without the quotes, you can get a completely clean reinstall of Chrome. Perhaps this could solve your Google Chrome intermittent crashing problem.

Bill White

billwhite92701@att.net