moderated Windows 11 chat app

Michael Munn

Hello sir, I got the problem fixed. It turn out that this feature is only for developers according to what I gathered based on my research and I looked up how to turn on Developer mode in Win 11 and and went ahead and installed the team app again and this time I was a success.  

Member: Georgia Association of Blind Students, National Federation of Georgia 
http://nfbga.org
Member National Association of Blind Students, National Federation of the Blind 
http://nfb.org
Student of: Hadley Institute for the Blind 
http://hadley.edu

On Nov 15, 2021, at 01:05, Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...> wrote:

Hi,

That’s odd. What is the Windows 11 build you are using (say, 22000.318, which can be obtained from WinVer)? In this case, I would say this is something Microsoft should be made aware of (sorry).

Cheers,

Joseph

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Michael Munn
Sent: Sunday, November 14, 2021 10:03 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Windows 11 chat app

Hi,

It’s been a while since setting it up (I set up mine back in August or September while testing this feature as a Windows Insider).

It turns out Microsoft Teams that is used by Chat is actually a web app. It might be possible that somehow the Chat portal might be having difficulty connecting you to Teams web portal for some reason (yes, you do need a Microsoft Account to use the portal properly).

You say you hear “try again” when you press Windows+C? Can you tell us more, including exactly what this screen says (surely there might be additional text).

Cheers,

Joseph

Hi,

The Chat app is, essentially, a portal to Microsoft Teams. You need to have a Microsoft Account and Microsoft Teams (preview) app installed to sign in and use it.

Cheers,

Joseph

Hi all, I have a question here regarding how to set up the Windows 11 Chat app. Recently, I installed Windows 11 and there is a feature that I really want to take advantage of, and this feature is the Chat app. I hit the command Win+C to activate this feature but everytime time I try to set it up, it wont show me the setup button instead it shows me the try again button. I hit the try again button and nothing happened. 

Hi,

That’s odd. What is the Windows 11 build you are using (say, 22000.318, which can be obtained from WinVer)? In this case, I would say this is something Microsoft should be made aware of (sorry).

Cheers,

Joseph

Sent: Sunday, November 14, 2021 10:03 PM

Hi,

It’s been a while since setting it up (I set up mine back in August or September while testing this feature as a Windows Insider).

It turns out Microsoft Teams that is used by Chat is actually a web app. It might be possible that somehow the Chat portal might be having difficulty connecting you to Teams web portal for some reason (yes, you do need a Microsoft Account to use the portal properly).

You say you hear “try again” when you press Windows+C? Can you tell us more, including exactly what this screen says (surely there might be additional text).

Cheers,

Joseph

Hi,

The Chat app is, essentially, a portal to Microsoft Teams. You need to have a Microsoft Account and Microsoft Teams (preview) app installed to sign in and use it.

Cheers,

Joseph

Hi all, I have a question here regarding how to set up the Windows 11 Chat app. Recently, I installed Windows 11 and there is a feature that I really want to take advantage of, and this feature is the Chat app. I hit the command Win+C to activate this feature but everytime time I try to set it up, it wont show me the setup button instead it shows me the try again button. I hit the try again button and nothing happened. 

Michael Munn

Ok here is what the chat app said 
"We ran into an issue and were unable to finish setting up. Please try again.
  selected"

Thanks 

Best regards 

michael H. Munn 

JAWS Certified, 2019

Member: Georgia Association of Blind Students National Federation of the Blind of Georgia  

www.nfbga.org

Member: National association of Blind Students National Federation of the Blind 

www.nfb.org

Student of: Hadley Institute of the Blind 

www.hadley.edu

On Mon, Nov 15, 2021 at 12:58 AM Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...> wrote:

Hi,

Cheers,

Joseph

Sent: Sunday, November 14, 2021 9:47 PM

Hi,

Cheers,

Joseph

Hi,

Cheers,

Joseph

Sent: Sunday, November 14, 2021 9:47 PM

Hi,

Cheers,

Joseph

Michael Munn

Ok thanks Joseph. I doo have a microsoft Account and Microsoft Teams .how can I get the Preview version of Microsoft Teams? 

Thanks 

best regards 

michael H. Mun  

JAWS Certified, 2019

Member: Georgia Association of Blind Students National Federation of the Blind of Georgia  

www.nfbga.org

www.nfb.org

www.hadley.edu

On Mon, Nov 15, 2021 at 12:39 AM Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...> wrote:

Hi,

Cheers,

Joseph

Sent: Sunday, November 14, 2021 9:31 PM
Subject: Windows 11 chat app

If you have configured the Windows 11 chat app before, can you please show me how you do it? 

Thanks 

Best regards 

Hi,

Cheers,

Joseph

Sent: Sunday, November 14, 2021 9:31 PM
Subject: Windows 11 chat app

If you have configured the Windows 11 chat app before, can you please show me how you do it? 

Thanks 

Best regards 

Michael Munn

Thanks 
Best regards 
michael H. Munn 

JAWS Certified, 2019

www.nfbga.org

www.nfb.org

www.hadley.edu