moderated Etiqet: Was RE: downgrading to Windows 10

Laura,

I really don't care how you see me, or anyone else does, either.  This is not a popularity contest.

I have posted what I posted in topics where the actual violation that triggered the need occurred, as well as stand alone.

And the kinds of reactions it gets, including encouraging people to do what they should not be doing, is consistent.

And I really don't care whether what I said puts Madison off or not.  She's an adult.  She needs to know these things.  I'm not about to treat everyone here like they are children.

It's amusing that when someone, not only me, can cite things like:

25 Forum Posting Etiquette Tips

and the other article I referenced, that have been out there for years as guides, get accused of it "just being your opinion."  It's not.  It never has been.

--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H1, Build 19043  

It is the function of creative men to perceive the relations between thoughts, or things, or forms of expression that may seem utterly different, and to be able to combine them into some new forms--the power to connect the seemingly unconnected.

~ William Plomer

Laura Richardson

And …… Also Brian, Use your own advice of “good etiquette and change the subject to reflect the change/content of the topic being discussed.  Whether you mean to do so or not, you come across as very arrogant, condescending, and “all knowing” and, of course, you are not “all Knowing” and just because your opinion is different than many others doesn’t make yours right.  I hope your treatment of Madison does not prevent her from seeking help in the future.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Rick Mladek
Sent: Friday, November 5, 2021 1:40 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: downgrading to Windows 10

Then Brian, keep yourself to one group.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Friday, November 5, 2021 2:32 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: downgrading to Windows 10

On Fri, Nov 5, 2021 at 02:23 PM, Rick Mladek wrote:

Remember, your delete key is, as you all often state, your option.

-
And one that should be needed infrequently.

People need to consider the fact that every message they elect to send to a mailing list goes out to hundreds of people (on average for a group like this, some are smaller).  Several of these groups have membership of over 1000.

It is poor form, plain and simple, to blanket multiple groups, particularly those with overlapping membership, with exactly the same question at the same time.  Trying to justify it is not doing anyone any favors.

The reason that it is considered poor form, and has been since the first day I stepped in to any online forum or list, is very clearly explained:  On Posting to More Than One Online Support Forum for the Same Issue – AKA Forum Cross Posting

It should not be done.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H1, Build 19043  

It is the function of creative men to perceive the relations between thoughts, or things, or forms of expression that may seem utterly different, and to be able to combine them into some new forms--the power to connect the seemingly unconnected.

~ William Plomer