moderated Windows 11 and Office 365 with Jaws issue

Madison Martin

Hi all,
I upgraded to Windows 11 yesterday and ever since I've noticed Outlook being
really slow, I've had to close it out multiple times and I've even had to shut
down my laptop a couple of times to get it to do anything. I have trouble
arrowing through messages and when I delete one Jaws just seems to freeze up. I
think this is a Jaws issue, when I use Narrator things seem to work fine, but
I'd really rather not have to switch to it permently. Just wondering if anyone
else has experienced this and if there's anything that can be done about this?
Using latest versions of Jaws (2022), Office 365 and Windows 11. Really hope
someone
can help me!! Thanks Madison

crayton Benner <craybay3198@...>

Yes. It does sound like a Jaws bug.

On Nov 2, 2021, at 18:06, Madison Martin <maddymartin@...> wrote:

Hi all,
I upgraded to Windows 11 yesterday and ever since I've noticed Outlook being
really slow, I've had to close it out multiple times and I've even had to shut
down my laptop a couple of times to get it to do anything. I have trouble
arrowing through messages and when I delete one Jaws just seems to freeze up. I
think this is a Jaws issue, when I use Narrator things seem to work fine, but
I'd really rather not have to switch to it permently. Just wondering if anyone
else has experienced this and if there's anything that can be done about this?
Using latest versions of Jaws (2022), Office 365 and Windows 11. Really hope
someone
can help me!! Thanks Madison

Vaughan Dodd <vdodd001@...>

Hello Maddison.

Not experiencing this. In fact, Windows 11 with v2022 of Jaws and all Office
apps up-to-date - most stable and responsive I have ever had.

There are some Outlook focusing issues, but it is in general the most
responsive Outlook I have used.

Vaughan.

I upgraded to Windows 11 yesterday and ever since I've noticed Outlook being
really slow, I've had to close it out multiple times and I've even had to
shut down my laptop a couple of times to get it to do anything. I have
trouble arrowing through messages and when I delete one Jaws just seems to
freeze up. I think this is a Jaws issue, when I use Narrator things seem to
work fine, but I'd really rather not have to switch to it permently. Just
wondering if anyone else has experienced this and if there's anything that
can be done about this?
Using latest versions of Jaws (2022), Office 365 and Windows 11. Really hope
someone can help me!! Thanks Madison

Jason White

On 2/11/21 18:29, Vaughan Dodd wrote:
Not experiencing this. In fact, Windows 11 with v2022 of Jaws and all Office
apps up-to-date - most stable and responsive I have ever had.
It's the same for me - no additional issues with JAWS 2022.

Microsoft Outlook becomes unresponsive and needs to be restarted sometimes when I'm accessing IMAP folders, but that has been an issue for years. Under Windows 11 and JAWS 2022, it does seem to be more responsive in general (save for that long-standing bug).

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

As somebody else pointed out before, since you probably did an in-place upgrade it may just be the time to make sure you have a backup of your data and wipe the system clean and then do a clean install of Windows 11 from a USB installation drive, then reinstall Jaws and Office via your Microsoft 365 subscription and see if this clears up the issues.

Not experiencing this. In fact, Windows 11 with v2022 of Jaws and all
Office apps up-to-date - most stable and responsive I have ever had.
It's the same for me - no additional issues with JAWS 2022.

Microsoft Outlook becomes unresponsive and needs to be restarted sometimes when I'm accessing IMAP folders, but that has been an issue for years. Under Windows 11 and JAWS 2022, it does seem to be more responsive in general (save for that long-standing bug).

cédric Paulet

Good morning,

Sometimes, after a windows upgrade, Jaws must be repaired or reinstalled.

I upgraded to Windows 11 yesterday and ever since I've noticed Outlook being
really slow, I've had to close it out multiple times and I've even had to
shut down my laptop a couple of times to get it to do anything. I have
trouble arrowing through messages and when I delete one Jaws just seems to
freeze up. I think this is a Jaws issue, when I use Narrator things seem to
work fine, but I'd really rather not have to switch to it permently. Just
wondering if anyone else has experienced this and if there's anything that
can be done about this?
Using latest versions of Jaws (2022), Office 365 and Windows 11. Really hope
someone can help me!! Thanks Madison

Madison Martin

I'm not at all comfortable even attempting to do this, wish there was some other solution that doesn't involve uninstalling and re-installing programs, doing this for Jaws was hard enough using Narrator.

As somebody else pointed out before, since you probably did an in-place upgrade it may just be the time to make sure you have a backup of your data and wipe the system clean and then do a clean install of Windows 11 from a USB installation drive, then reinstall Jaws and Office via your Microsoft 365 subscription and see if this clears up the issues.

Not experiencing this. In fact, Windows 11 with v2022 of Jaws and all
Office apps up-to-date - most stable and responsive I have ever had.
It's the same for me - no additional issues with JAWS 2022.

Microsoft Outlook becomes unresponsive and needs to be restarted sometimes when I'm accessing IMAP folders, but that has been an issue for years. Under Windows 11 and JAWS 2022, it does seem to be more responsive in general (save for that long-standing bug).

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

Hi Madison,

I hate to say "I told you so", but keep this experience in mind whenever the next major update to an operating system comes along, it really is better to wait sometimes and not to be among the first group of people to upgrade especially if as you say you are not comfortable with potentially wiping out your entire system and starting from scratch.

[...]

Leo

Exactly,
I flatly second your opinion.

Best,
Leo Bado

"Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive." – Elbert Hubbard