moderated What is the Jaws keystroke for checking the battery status

Albert Cutolo

Good afternoon everyone,

I must be having a brain freeze, because I’m having trouble remembering the keystrokes for being able too check the battery status level on my laptop computer with jaws 2021.

Thanks in advance,

Al

Tom Behler

Try the shift key, the caps lock key, and the letter B.

This is what works on my Windows 10 Dell computer here.

Tom Behler

I must be having a brain freeze, because I’m having trouble remembering the keystrokes for being able too check the battery status level on my laptop computer with jaws 2021.

Thanks in advance,

Al

Richard Turner <richardturner42@...>

If you are using the Desktop keyboard layout, it is insert+shift+b unless you have set the caps lock key as a modifier for Jaws.

Richard

My Web site: https://www.turner42.com

Try the shift key, the caps lock key, and the letter B.

This is what works on my Windows 10 Dell computer here.

Tom Behler

I must be having a brain freeze, because I’m having trouble remembering the keystrokes for being able too check the battery status level on my laptop computer with jaws 2021.

Thanks in advance,

Al

Annabelle Susan Morison

Hey Albert!
I think the keystroke you're looking for is JAWS key+Shift+B.

On 10/31/2021 9:47 AM Albert Cutolo <albertc51@...> wrote:

Good afternoon everyone,

I must be having a brain freeze, because I’m having trouble remembering the keystrokes for being able too check the battery status level on my laptop computer with jaws 2021.

Thanks in advance,

Al

Tom Behler

Insert plus capslock plus B works here as well.

Never knew that before.

Now, I have two options for checking battery status.

Tom Behler

I think the keystroke you're looking for is JAWS key+Shift+B.

On 10/31/2021 9:47 AM Albert Cutolo <albertc51@...> wrote:

Good afternoon everyone,

I must be having a brain freeze, because I’m having trouble remembering the keystrokes for being able too check the battery status level on my laptop computer with jaws 2021.

Thanks in advance,

Al

Tom Behler

Sorry, I meant insert plus shift plus B.

Tom Behler

I think the keystroke you're looking for is JAWS key+Shift+B.

On 10/31/2021 9:47 AM Albert Cutolo <albertc51@...> wrote:

Good afternoon everyone,

I must be having a brain freeze, because I’m having trouble remembering the keystrokes for being able too check the battery status level on my laptop computer with jaws 2021.

Thanks in advance,

Al

Curtis Delzer

insert-q

--
Curtis Delzer
H.S.

Richard Turner <richardturner42@...>

Insert+q only tells you what scripts you are currently running.  Pressing insert+q here in Outlook gets this from the Jaws speech history:

Microsoft Outlook settings. OUTLOOK.EXE, O U T L O O K . E X E

Richard

My Web site: https://www.turner42.com

On 10/31/2021 9:47 AM, Albert Cutolo wrote:

Good afternoon everyone,

I must be having a brain freeze, because I’m having trouble remembering the keystrokes for being able too check the battery status level on my laptop computer with jaws 2021.

Thanks in advance,

Al

--
Curtis Delzer
H.S.
K6VFO
curtis@...

David Webster

Hello. The jaws keystroke is insert f11. this will get you into the
system tray and there you will find your battery status.

On 10/31/21, Albert Cutolo <Albertc51@...> wrote:
Good afternoon everyone,

I must be having a brain freeze, because I'm having trouble remembering the
keystrokes for being able too check the battery status level on my laptop
computer with jaws 2021.

Thanks in advance,

Al

Richard Turner <richardturner42@...>

The System Tray is one way to get it but if you want it immediately without hunting Insert+Shift+b as in battery.

Richard
"Reality is the leading cause of stress for those who are in touch with it." - Jane Wagner

Hello. The jaws keystroke is insert f11. this will get you into the system tray and there you will find your battery status.

On 10/31/21, Albert Cutolo <Albertc51@...> wrote:
Good afternoon everyone,

I must be having a brain freeze, because I'm having trouble
remembering the keystrokes for being able too check the battery status
level on my laptop computer with jaws 2021.

Thanks in advance,

Al

David Webster

Hello.  to check the battery status you would do an insert f11.  this gets  you into the system tray and you can check your battery from there.

On Sun, Oct 31, 2021 at 12:01 PM Richard Turner <richardturner42@...> wrote:

Insert+q only tells you what scripts you are currently running.  Pressing insert+q here in Outlook gets this from the Jaws speech history:

Microsoft Outlook settings. OUTLOOK.EXE, O U T L O O K . E X E

Richard

My Web site: https://www.turner42.com

On 10/31/2021 9:47 AM, Albert Cutolo wrote:

Good afternoon everyone,

I must be having a brain freeze, because I’m having trouble remembering the keystrokes for being able too check the battery status level on my laptop computer with jaws 2021.

Thanks in advance,

Al

--
Curtis Delzer
H.S.
K6VFO
curtis@...

Richard Turner <richardturner42@...>

David,

Insert+Shift+B tells you directly.

Richard

My Web site: https://www.turner42.com

On 10/31/2021 9:47 AM, Albert Cutolo wrote:

Good afternoon everyone,

I must be having a brain freeze, because I’m having trouble remembering the keystrokes for being able too check the battery status level on my laptop computer with jaws 2021.

Thanks in advance,

Al

--
Curtis Delzer
H.S.
K6VFO
curtis@...

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

If you use the desktop keyboard layout it is Shift + Jaws Key + B and it gives you information as to whether you are on AC Power, for me it then says "Battery Level High as well as "Battery 97%" and after that it also tells you the name of the Wi-Fi network you are connected to followed by "Internet Access"

Try the shift key, the caps lock key, and the letter B.

This is what works on my Windows 10 Dell computer here.

Tom Behler

I must be having a brain freeze, because I’m having trouble remembering the keystrokes for being able too check the battery status level on my laptop computer with jaws 2021.

Thanks in advance,

Al

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

Jaws Key + Caps Lock + B requires quite the finger acrobatics and for me is actually an impossible key combination to press.

I think the keystroke you're looking for is JAWS key+Shift+B.

On 10/31/2021 9:47 AM Albert Cutolo <albertc51@...> wrote:

Good afternoon everyone,

I must be having a brain freeze, because I’m having trouble remembering the keystrokes for being able too check the battery status level on my laptop computer with jaws 2021.

Thanks in advance,

Al

Curtis Delzer

i make a boo boo, thanks!

On 10/31/2021 12:01 PM, Richard Turner wrote:

[...]

Interestingly, as I said before, I can get the same information here using shift plus capslock and the Jaws or insert key.

Very handy.

Tom Behler

If you use the desktop keyboard layout it is Shift + Jaws Key + B and it gives you information as to whether you are on AC Power, for me it then says "Battery Level High as well as "Battery 97%" and after that it also tells you the name of the Wi-Fi network you are connected to followed by "Internet Access"

Try the shift key, the caps lock key, and the letter B.

This is what works on my Windows 10 Dell computer here.

Tom Behler

I must be having a brain freeze, because I’m having trouble remembering the keystrokes for being able too check the battery status level on my laptop computer with jaws 2021.

Thanks in advance,

Al

David Diamond

I just go into the notification bar.  Or where the time, network status etc. shows up.  Generally there it tells you the battery strength.

Jaws Key + Caps Lock + B requires quite the finger acrobatics and for me is actually an impossible key combination to press.

I think the keystroke you're looking for is JAWS key+Shift+B.

On 10/31/2021 9:47 AM Albert Cutolo <albertc51@...> wrote:

Good afternoon everyone,

I must be having a brain freeze, because I’m having trouble remembering the keystrokes for being able too check the battery status level on my laptop computer with jaws 2021.

Thanks in advance,

Al

Panagiotis Antonopoulos

Yes, it works with me in j2022 too.

                                                            Take care,

                                                            Takis

Try the shift key, the caps lock key, and the letter B.

This is what works on my Windows 10 Dell computer here.

Tom Behler

I must be having a brain freeze, because I’m having trouble remembering the keystrokes for being able too check the battery status level on my laptop computer with jaws 2021.

Thanks in advance,

Al

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

What do you do to get the time? Do you press Jaws Key + F12 or do you press Jaws Key + F11 to bring up the system try and then arrow down to where the time is displayed? Same difference, the system try has the information, but the keyboard shortcuts is there for quick access to said information.

I just go into the notification bar.  Or where the time, network status etc. shows up.  Generally there it tells you the battery strength.

Jaws Key + Caps Lock + B requires quite the finger acrobatics and for me is actually an impossible key combination to press.

I think the keystroke you're looking for is JAWS key+Shift+B.

On 10/31/2021 9:47 AM Albert Cutolo <albertc51@...> wrote:

Good afternoon everyone,

I must be having a brain freeze, because I’m having trouble remembering the keystrokes for being able too check the battery status level on my laptop computer with jaws 2021.

Thanks in advance,

Al

Richard Turner <richardturner42@...>

Sieghard,

Some people like the scenic route and others like the highway.

Also, the insert+capslock+b only works if CapsLock is set as a jaws modifier key.

I use the straight on highway of insert+shift+b.

I only like the scenic route when I’m traveling and have time.

😊