Is it possible to have braille input but no output except Jaws Speech?

John Gurd

I’m using an El Braille and there are times when I would like to use my Focus 14 to control the device but just have speech output with the braille display remaining blank. It would be particularly good when using Kurzweil but also other occasions when I want to read quickly and not edit. Is this possible?

John

GV-Knope, John (Greenville)

Use the layer-command insert-space followed by s to disable speech.

John F Knope

Student, CIS – Cloud Computing

ECPI University

508 Mapleton Drive

Greenville, SC 29607

Phone:

864.438.1947

I’m using an El Braille and there are times when I would like to use my Focus 14 to control the device but just have speech output with the braille display remaining blank. It would be particularly good when using Kurzweil but also other occasions when I want to read quickly and not edit. Is this possible?

John

mike mcglashon

isn’t there also a braille keyboard input command on John’s so that one can actually use the Home roll like a braille keyboard as input or no?

contact information
Mike McGlashon
PH: 618-783-9331
Email: michael.mcglashon@...

On Jan 22, 2018, at 12:27 PM, GV-Knope, John (Greenville) <johkno3041@...> wrote:

Use the layer-command insert-space followed by s to disable speech.

John F Knope

Student, CIS – Cloud Computing

ECPI University

508 Mapleton Drive

Greenville, SC 29607

Phone:

864.438.1947

I’m using an El Braille and there are times when I would like to use my Focus 14 to control the device but just have speech output with the braille display remaining blank. It would be particularly good when using Kurzweil but also other occasions when I want to read quickly and not edit. Is this possible?

John

John Gurd

Nope, you’ve got it the wrong way around. I want to disable the Braille output, not the speech. But I still want to use the Braille input of the Focus 14 keyboard. It might sound a little strange to some, but with an ElBraille it makes sense for some situations! Is it possible?

John