to download the Whatzapp Web scrips.

Regards
Sameer Latey

On 22-09-2021 07:47 pm, Sieghard Weitzel wrote:
Your link for the WhatsApp scripts doesn't work, I get the following:

This is a 404 error, which means you've clicked on a bad link or entered an invalid URL. Maybe what you are looking for can be found at Bitly.com. P.S.
Bitly links are case sensitive.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sameer
Sent: September 21, 2021 9:42 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Whatsapp web

Dear Faraz,

I am pasting below a mail received from another mailing list regarding scrips for Whatzapp Web. These scrips work with JAWS.

Hello everyone! in this article  I will  speak a little about accessibility and usability, specificly on Whatsapp Web, and sharing a script, users of screen reader, can work on   Whatsapp by the computer with more autonomy, practicality and confidence.

The informations about the script and its installation are bellow: :

To use the scripts, it is necessary to have the extension Tampermonkey for your browser (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Microsoft Edge ou Safari).
After that, just access the script, which will be recognized by Tampermonkey, and click on install.

WhatsappWebWithMoreAccessibility

After installing the script for Whatsapp Web, WhatsappWebWithMoreAccessibility, when accessing the app, you must wait for the application to load and then use the shortcut ALT + S. If the script is deactivated, the message:
Script activated successfully will be displayed; if the script is already activated, an alert will be given with the message Script disabled. When you deactivate it, all elements and shortcuts created by it will be removed, except the activation and deactivation shortcut.

Added elements and labels

With WhatsappWebWithMoreAccessibility enabled, the following modifications will be applied:
• Before the panel with the chat list there will be a level 1 header H1 to facilitate navigation via the screen reader, by pressing the 'h' key or the number '1' in the navigation mode; • After opening a chat, at the beginning of the contact / group area there will be a level 2 H2 header, with the label "Active chat + CONTACT / GROUP NAME", which can be accessed by pressing the 'h' key or number 2 in browse mode; • The emogi buttons will be labeled above the message writing field in the footer; • After the message writing field, there will be a button with the label "Record voice message" if the text field is clear, or "Send text message" if it is filled; • When you click on the "Record Voice Message" button, a "Cancel recording" button, the recording time and another button with the label "Send voice message"
will appear below the message field;

Shortcut keys

After enabling WhatsappWebWithMoreAccessibility, the following shortcut keys are available:
• ALT + a: focus on the options for choosing the type of attachment to be sent in the active chat; • ALT + B: focus on the search field and label it as "Search chat and contacts ..."; • ALT + C: focus on the chat list; • ALT + E: puts the focus on the message writing field and labels it "Write a message (name of the active chat)"; • ALT + L: opens an options box to select the language of the script (Portuguese, English or Spanish), after pressing the 'enter' key in the desired option, the script messages will be in that language; • ALT + M: puts the focus on the message list of the active chat; • ALT + S: activate and deactivate the script; • ALT + T: speak the title of the active chat.
NOTE: sometimes NVDA does not go into focus mode automatically when using shortcuts, so you may need to put it in focus mode with the shortcut NVDA + space bar. Other keys can be configured as the NVDA key, but by default it is 'Insert'.

Links bellow:

TamperMonkey for  Google Chrome:
https://bit.ly/TamperMonkeyGoogleChro...

TamperMonkey for  Mozilla Firefox:
https://bit.ly/TamperMonkeyMozillaFir...

TamperMonkey for  Microsoft Edge:
https://bit.ly/TamperMonkeyMicrosoftEdge,

TamperMonkey for Opera:
https://bit.ly/TamperMonkeyOpera-EN_US,

Script WhatsappWebWithMoreAccessibility:
https://bit.ly/WhatsappWebWithMoreAcc...

That's it.

Regards
Sameer Latey

On 22-09-2021 12:36 am, Faraz wrote:
I also think nobody working on its scripts, although it would quite useful once scripts being available.
On 21-Sep-2021, at 10:36 PM, crayton Benner <craybay3198@gmail.com> wrote:

No. Not at this time. I am not sure whether there is a developer that is writing scripts or not. Someone can correct me if I am wrong.

On Sep 21, 2021, at 01:16, Faraz <faraz.aqureshi@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello are there any scripts for jaws which supports whatsapp web ?

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

[...]

Faraz

Hello Sameer,

I do appreciate your support regarding this issue. unfortunately, i already tried these scripts but still facing problems while using them. the scripts are not very accessible even its hard to use whatsapp with those scripts. they also wont load messages on run time. for example. if your chatting with anyone on whatsapp using these scripts you will face delay in update messages and you wont reply with timely manners.

best,

Faraz Q

--

With best regards,

[...]