From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Randy Barnett
Sent: Thursday, September 2, 2021 10:14 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Edge blocking downloads.

Hi, am I the only one getting mainstream Big name files blocked all the
time by Edge? I have smart screen turned off and every other setting I
can find that would block downloads or websites.

On Fri, Sep 3, 2021 at 01:13 AM, Randy Barnett wrote:
Hi, am I the only one getting mainstream Big name files blocked all the time by Edge?
-
All evidence so far points to this being limited to you, among those who've discussed it.

It would really be worth calling Microsoft Windows & Office Accessibility Support on (800) 936-5900, and having them take a look at this.

    ~ William Plomer

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

What are some of these "main stream big files names"? If they are not secret or restricted it would help to have 2 or 3 examples so others can see if they download.

Hi, am I the only one getting mainstream Big name files blocked all the time by Edge? I have smart screen turned off and every other setting I can find that would block downloads or websites.

Randy Barnett <blindmansbluff09@...>

acrobat reader from acrobat.com and auto desk fusion 360 from autodesk.com. Through the last two blind abilities podcasts and something else. Blind abilities another user was having issues with that one that's how I found out about it being blocked by edge.

Randy Barnett

From: Brian Vogel [mailto:britechguy@gmail.com]
Date: Friday, September 3, 2021, 2:39 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

<https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1RZiHlLVtXewYBgoSvJNm9_08hj1tALPK>

Using the ISO file method gets you as close to a completely clean
install as you can get without taking "the thermonuclear option" first.

*/It is the function of creative men to perceive the relations between
thoughts, or things, or forms of expression that may seem utterly
different, and to be able to combine them into some new forms--the power
to connect the seemingly unconnected./*

    ~ William Plomer

Edward Green

Hi,

Before you go to the bother of reinstalling Windows, you should definitely call the Microsoft Disability Answer Desk and have them try and fix it.

Cheers,

Ed

On 3 September 2021 19:51:03 "Mario" <mrb620@...> wrote:

[...]

I have all my data on a separate HD and Have done this so many times I can do it in my sleep! My work PC has all the extra programs that would be a time consuming one to clean install...

On 9/3/2021 11:39 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Fri, Sep 3, 2021 at 02:23 PM, Randy Barnett wrote:
thanks I think it's my system somethings corrupted so I'm gonna reinstall it.
-
If that's something you're willing and able to do, it's the very best way to get a known clean baseline of Windows 10 to start from.

If you have too much time invested in having added programs and have lots of data, you could consider this before a nuke & pave:  Doing a Windows 10 Repair Install or Feature Update Using the Windows 10 ISO file

Using the ISO file method gets you as close to a completely clean install as you can get without taking "the thermonuclear option" first.

    ~ William Plomer

Randy Barnett <blindmansbluff09@...>

It would take longer to get a hold of them than it will to do this. I have got it down to a 30 minute procedure. I much prefer a clean install when windows starts having unexplained random glitches.

On 9/3/2021 11:53 AM, Edward Green wrote:

[...]

Well It seems downgrading

from an insider build a while back corrupted my system. Now I have the same Windows security settings you described. And things are back to what I am used to. But Edge blocked a download from my One drive account... Hopefully that is not a sign of what is to come.

On 9/3/2021 12:00 PM, Randy Barnett via groups.io wrote:

[...]

I give up on edge. After a clean install of windows and all the updates, Edge prompted me to download the latest version of Edge. Guess what... It blocked its own installer.

On 9/3/2021 2:17 PM, Randy Barnett via groups.io wrote:

[...]

Hareth

Try the "internet Options" security settings, enable file downloads in
custom level in security tab.
also see the "reputation based settings" in windows defender,, it has
a lot to do with browsers and downloads.
TC

On 3 September 2021 19:51:03 "Mario" <mrb620@hotmail.com> wrote:

[...]

the 1st, meant the internet options within the control panel.
TC