moderated automatic delete of emails in delete folder

kevin meyers

Hello,

I had Outlook 2016 setup to automatically delete emails when exiting Outlook2016. Some how it got turned off. I turned it back on. The emails do get deleted, yet I don’t get the message asking if I really want to delete the emails. Do I need to turn on something else to get the message?

Thanks,

Kevin

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

There is a place in Options where you can turn off the prompt. I never turned on the setting to automatically delete when exiting, but in my view it doesn't really make sense that if you turn this on you should also be prompted if you want to do this. Of course if you had it turned on before and it worked that way then maybe the prompt to ask for confirmation got turned off. You can check it by going into Options > Advanced and since it's towards the end of the many items it's easier if you press Shift + Tab, the first time you end up on Cancel, the second time on OK, after that press Shift + Tab 7 more times and you hear "Prompt for confirmation before permanently deleting items check box not checked"

Of course this is what it says for me since I don't want to be asked if I want to delete something from Deleted Items, if yours says "Checked" then obviously this doesn't apply to the automatic emptying of the deleted items folder.