Sent: Sunday, August 22, 2021 7:41 PM
Subject: Re: Annoying Jaws word issue?

Here’s one drawback I discovered today. But first, Curtis, thanks for figuring out a solution for this problem. The solution to the one I’ll describe is equally simple, though it wouldn’t have been obvious but for your post.

One way to process Word’s track changes is to press JAWS key+z to turn off quick keys, then press the letter r to move from one revision or comment to the next. With UAI turned off, I still get each revision and comment. However, I don’t get an indication of a change at the beginning of a line.

Why does this matter? In a long document, I can move faster through track changes when JAWS informs me that a line has a change or, when JAWS is silent on the subject, that it doesn’t. when it doesn’t, without reading that line, I immediately go to the next one. In a short document, it makes little difference, but in a long one with hundreds of changes, like the one I’m grappling with now, it’s a big timesaver.

The solution? Turn UAI back on!