moderated MS Outlook 365 question

Dan Longmore

Hi,
You can use the older method by choosing pop3 setting when you set up your accounts . Otherwise the setup goes to IMAp which allows the mail to remain on the server. If I need to save an e-mail I do a "save as: command and save the e-mail on my local disk. While downloading the mail was nice I find the IMap settings to be easier and give me more access if I need to use more than one device to retrieve mail and it keeps everything in sync.
Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Cher
Sent: Friday, August 20, 2021 2:28 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: MS Outlook 365 question

Mine do. Sounds like a good Microsoft Accessibility for Office question- (800) 936-5900 then menu items 1,3

Cher

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Tom Cramer
Sent: Thursday, August 19, 2021 9:04 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MS Outlook 365 question

Hello,
I'm sure this is probably the wrong place to ask, since this list is mainly for JAWS things.
When I used Outlook in the past, I had it set up to where the messages would download directly to my computer and I could save them or read them offline.
Ever since I needed to go to Microsoft Office 365, that isn't happening. I guess the messages stay on the server and are available to me whenever I use Outlook 365 online, but they don't download to my computer like before.
Is this new, and is there a way to go back to the old way?
Sorry for asking so much. I'm just trying to get used to the transition.
Tom

Cher

Mine do. Sounds like a good Microsoft Accessibility for Office question- (800) 936-5900 then menu items 1,3

Cher

Sent: Thursday, August 19, 2021 9:04 PM

Hello,
I'm sure this is probably the wrong place to ask, since this list is mainly for JAWS things.
When I used Outlook in the past, I had it set up to where the messages would download directly to my computer and I could save them or read them offline.
Ever since I needed to go to Microsoft Office 365, that isn't happening. I guess the messages stay on the server and are available to me whenever I use Outlook 365 online, but they don't download to my computer like before.
Tom

ssbbc58@...

My sincere apology, I thought I was replying to another list.

For this bad behaviour, I will unsubscribe.

Again, my sincere apologies.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of ssbbc58 via groups.io
Sent: August 20, 2021 9:39 AM

They still download, but I think by default only the last 7 days sync to your computer. You can go into your account under File > Info and click on change account settings and you can then drag the slider all the way to 11, it's a bit confusing unless you check with the virtual cursor, but if you drag it right to 11 it basically means it will download everything.

Also, check that Save to this computer is checked.

As answered on another list.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf of Tom Cramer
Sent: August 19, 2021 6:04 PM

Hello,
Tom

ssbbc58@...

They still download, but I think by default only the last 7 days sync to your computer. You can go into your account under File > Info and click on change account settings and you can then drag the slider all the way to 11, it's a bit confusing unless you check with the virtual cursor, but if you drag it right to 11 it basically means it will download everything.

Also, check that Save to this computer is checked.

As answered on another list.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf of Tom Cramer

Hello,
Tom

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

The way OneDrive saves to your PC or "on demand" has nothing to do with Outlook. There is still a local Outlook data file on your PC but as I said, how much is synced to that file depends on your settings.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Life in Six Dots
Sent: August 20, 2021 5:35 AM

Hi Tom,

I have Office 365 installed on five computers with my emails setup as IMAP and I can read them offline. One thing I have noticed when installing Office on a machine Microsoft likes to setup OneDrive as my storage. I have to ensure that Save to this PC is checked. It might be worth looking to see where your files are being saved assuming you have installed Office 365 on your machine and you're not using the cloud version.

Paul

Sent: 20 August 2021 02:04

Hello,
Tom

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

Hello,
Tom

Life in Six Dots

Hi Tom,

I have Office 365 installed on five computers with my emails setup as IMAP and I can read them offline. One thing I have noticed when installing Office on a machine Microsoft likes to setup OneDrive as my storage. I have to ensure that Save to this PC is checked. It might be worth looking to see where your files are being saved assuming you have installed Office 365 on your machine and you're not using the cloud version.

Paul

Sent: 20 August 2021 02:04

Hello,
I'm sure this is probably the wrong place to ask, since this list is
mainly for JAWS things.
When I used Outlook in the past, I had it set up to where the messages
would download directly to my computer and I could save them or read
them offline.
Ever since I needed to go to Microsoft Office 365, that isn't
happening. I guess the messages stay on the server and are available
to me whenever I use Outlook 365 online, but they don't download to my
computer like before.
Tom

Richard Turner <richardturner42@...>

Are you using the online version or did you download the program and install it locally?
For me, it is set up as iMap so that the messages stay on the server until I delete them and empty the trash; but they are present locally on my machine to save, or whatever?
Probably you should call Microsoft accessibility if you are not sure about your setup: 800-936-5900
HTH,

Richard 
"Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people." -- Eleanor Roosevelt

www.turner42.com

On Aug 20, 2021, at 2:46 AM, Tom Cramer <tom.cramer1@...> wrote:

Hello,
mainly for JAWS things.
them offline.
computer like before.
Tom

Tom Cramer

Hello,
mainly for JAWS things.
them offline.
computer like before.
Tom