moderated Problems With Installing The Lates Version Of JAWS

Ibrahim Ajayi

Hi good people:
I downloaded the latest version of the JAWS screen reader for my
windows10 laptop computer, but I am unable to install it.
When I attempted the installation, it didn't install. Instead it
cleared off all my remainingg mobile data, about 300MB.
Please what went wrong: what can I do to fix the problem, and do I
need to install another program before installing this new update of
JAWS.
i KNOW THAT WITH MUCH OLDER VERSIONS, ONE HAS TO INSTALL THE FSreader
before installing JAWS.
Hope to read your response asap.
Warm regards.
Ibrahim.

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

It probably failed because you ran out of data. I don't think 300 Mb is enough. If you download the full offline installer which contains everything you need and won't require an internet connection for the actual install then it is just around 1 Gb.

I downloaded the latest version of the JAWS screen reader for my
windows10 laptop computer, but I am unable to install it.
When I attempted the installation, it didn't install. Instead it cleared off all my remainingg mobile data, about 300MB.
Please what went wrong: what can I do to fix the problem, and do I need to install another program before installing this new update of JAWS.
i KNOW THAT WITH MUCH OLDER VERSIONS, ONE HAS TO INSTALL THE FSreader before installing JAWS.
Hope to read your response asap.
Warm regards.
Ibrahim.

Ibrahim Ajayi

Hello again:
Well, I did the installation directly from the iternet after the
download. I was online.
Will the online installation take 1GB?

It probably failed because you ran out of data. I don't think 300 Mb is
enough. If you download the full offline installer which contains everything
you need and won't require an internet connection for the actual install
then it is just around 1 Gb.

I downloaded the latest version of the JAWS screen reader for my
windows10 laptop computer, but I am unable to install it.
When I attempted the installation, it didn't install. Instead it cleared off
all my remainingg mobile data, about 300MB.
Please what went wrong: what can I do to fix the problem, and do I need to
install another program before installing this new update of JAWS.
i KNOW THAT WITH MUCH OLDER VERSIONS, ONE HAS TO INSTALL THE FSreader before
installing JAWS.
Hope to read your response asap.
Warm regards.
Ibrahim.

Richard Turner <richardturner42@...>

It looks like you are using a mobile cellular connection that uses cell data, is that correct?

You were not talking about room on your drive, right?

You may have to call FS support tomorrow to get it installed....

Richard

I downloaded the latest version of the JAWS screen reader for my
windows10 laptop computer, but I am unable to install it.
When I attempted the installation, it didn't install. Instead it cleared off all my remainingg mobile data, about 300MB.
Please what went wrong: what can I do to fix the problem, and do I need to install another program before installing this new update of JAWS.
i KNOW THAT WITH MUCH OLDER VERSIONS, ONE HAS TO INSTALL THE FSreader before installing JAWS.
Hope to read your response asap.
Warm regards.
Ibrahim.

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

Maybe Vispero support knows exactly how much data the online installation requires but since the full offline installer is almost 1 Gb I assume the online installation probably requires a similar amount.

I downloaded the latest version of the JAWS screen reader for my
windows10 laptop computer, but I am unable to install it.
When I attempted the installation, it didn't install. Instead it
cleared off all my remainingg mobile data, about 300MB.
Please what went wrong: what can I do to fix the problem, and do I
need to install another program before installing this new update of JAWS.
i KNOW THAT WITH MUCH OLDER VERSIONS, ONE HAS TO INSTALL THE FSreader
before installing JAWS.
Hope to read your response asap.
Warm regards.
Ibrahim.

Curtis Chong

Installing or updating JAWS over a metered connection is not a very good thing to do, given how large the program is. The assumption is that the user is on an Internet connection with no data limits.

Kind regards,

Curtis Chong