moderated latest JAWS locking up

Richard Turner <richardturner42@...>

The why, is that your keyboard was the problem.

Glad you got that sorted.

Richard

Software means never having to say you're finished

Web site: www.turner42.com

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of HH. Smith Jr.
Sent: Tuesday, August 10, 2021 11:16 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: latest JAWS locking up

Hi,

don’t ask me why or how, but the problem seems to have disappeared after I changed my USB keyboard. For some reason, the insert key would not work; so I changed the keyboard and that seems to have solve the problem. I am as baffled as the next guy.

Thx,

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Tuesday, August 10, 2021 12:40 PM

Not that I think this can be solved on the list, but what programs do you have open when this happens?

Is it a situation you can duplicate reliably?

Perhaps asking FS to tandem in with you so they could see it happen?

Richard

Sent: Tuesday, August 10, 2021 12:07 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: latest JAWS locking up

Hello Fellow Listerrs,

I have been very busy with school and haven’t kept up with the list; however, I have been having a reoccurring problem of JAWS going silent but it is still loaded. I have to turn on narrator and exit out of JAWS and then restart JAWS. I am not sure if thread has been posted before, but if it has please redirect me.

Thx,

As well as the ergonomic model from Logitech, K860.  I’ve only had it less than a year, but it works great for typing on the computer and so easy to switch to the iPhone as needed.

$130.

Richard

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Tuesday, August 10, 2021 11:21 AM

Most keyboards are typically cheap and have a lifespan of a couple of years before they do strange things so if you use a basic USB keyboard it's a good idea to always have a spare around or invest in something higher end like a Das Keyboard wired mechanical keyboard, they cost around $160 US I think but in my opinion are worth it. Another good one is the Logitech K780 which is a wireless keyboard. It comes with a USB dongle for use with a PC or laptop but also can be paired to two additional devices via Bluetooth. I highly discourage people to use the Bluetooth connection with a PC, the USB dongle is way more responsive. I have had mine for at least 2 or maybe even 3 years and it's still doing good.

Hi,

don’t ask me why or how, but the problem seems to have disappeared after I changed my USB keyboard. For some reason, the insert key would not work; so I changed the keyboard and that seems to have solve the problem. I am as baffled as the next guy.

Thx,

Not that I think this can be solved on the list, but what programs do you have open when this happens?

Richard

Hello Fellow Listerrs,

I have been very busy with school and haven’t kept up with the list; however, I have been having a reoccurring problem of JAWS going silent but it is still loaded. I have to turn on narrator and exit out of JAWS and then restart JAWS. I am not sure if thread has been posted before, but if it has please redirect me.

Thx,

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

Most keyboards are typically cheap and have a lifespan of a couple of years before they do strange things so if you use a basic USB keyboard it's a good idea to always have a spare around or invest in something higher end like a Das Keyboard wired mechanical keyboard, they cost around $160 US I think but in my opinion are worth it. Another good one is the Logitech K780 which is a wireless keyboard. It comes with a USB dongle for use with a PC or laptop but also can be paired to two additional devices via Bluetooth. I highly discourage people to use the Bluetooth connection with a PC, the USB dongle is way more responsive. I have had mine for at least 2 or maybe even 3 years and it's still doing good.

Hi,

Thx,

Richard

Hello Fellow Listerrs,

Thx,

HH. Smith Jr.

Hi,

Thx,

Richard

Hello Fellow Listerrs,

Thx,

Richard

Hello Fellow Listerrs,

Thx,

HH. Smith Jr.

Hello Fellow Listerrs,

Thx,