moderated Jaws 2021 not talking this morning

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

I would try two things:

Close Narrator if it's running and/or Jaws 2020

Open Jaws 2021 either with a keyboard shortcut if you set one or type Windows Key + R and type Jaws2021 without spaces and press enter

Wait maybe 10 seconds and then press Jaws Key + Escape, this will unmute the sound card and set the volume to a medium level should any of this be an issue

If that does not help and you have Jaws 2021 set up to start at the login screen and also after logging in simply close everything and restart your computer.

If that also doesn't help could you maybe have set Jaws 2021 to use a different synthesizer? Do you have a USB or Bluetooth headset on your PC? If so maybe check to see if Jaws 2021 is speaking there.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of T. Civitello
Sent: Thursday, August 5, 2021 9:26 AM
To: Jaws users list <main@jfw.groups.io>
Subject: Jaws 2021 not talking this morning

Something strange this going on this morning, Jaws 2021 isn’t speaking. Using Narrator it says it is running but no sound. Had to start Jaws 2020 which seems OK. How do I get 2021 backing to talking ?  Tom

T. Civitello

Something strange this going on this morning, Jaws 2021 isn’t speaking. Using Narrator it says it is running but no sound. Had to start Jaws 2020 which seems OK. How do I get 2021 backing to talking ?  Tom