moderated JAWS Seems to No Longer Speak Zoom Meeting Joins

Steve Matzura

Has anyone else noticed JAWS isn't announcing when participants enter and leave Zoom meetings lately? I noticed it about a week ago, but I don't think there were any JAWS or Zoom updates that week--not until yesterday anyway.

Jim Weiss <jimweiss72@...>

Did you make any changes to your accessibility settings in Zoom? Do you have the notifications for Zoom muted in JAWS? Alt+Windows key+S
Jim Weiss
jimweiss72@icloud.com

On Jul 26, 2021, at 11:28 AM, Steve Matzura <number6@noisynotes.com> wrote:

Has anyone else noticed JAWS isn't announcing when participants enter and leave Zoom meetings lately? I noticed it about a week ago, but I don't think there were any JAWS or Zoom updates that week--not until yesterday anyway.

Steve Matzura

I haven't made a single update to my system--not even a Windows update--in over two weeks. The last Zoom update was maybe a month ago. It's all very odd indeed.

On 7/26/2021 11:41 AM, Jim Weiss via groups.io wrote:
Did you make any changes to your accessibility settings in Zoom? Do you have the notifications for Zoom muted in JAWS? Alt+Windows key+S
Jim Weiss
jimweiss72@icloud.com

On Jul 26, 2021, at 11:28 AM, Steve Matzura <number6@noisynotes.com> wrote:

Has anyone else noticed JAWS isn't announcing when participants enter and leave Zoom meetings lately? I noticed it about a week ago, but I don't think there were any JAWS or Zoom updates that week--not until yesterday anyway.

Jason White

On 26/7/21 11:49 am, Steve Matzura wrote:
I haven't made a single update to my system--not even a Windows update--in over two weeks. The last Zoom update was maybe a month ago. It's all very odd indeed.
Try Insert+Space, Z to switch to the default JAWS configuration, then perform a test. If the problem goes away, it's something in your JAWS configuration.

David Diamond

I've not noticed anything different, it still alerts me, if I let it, to who leaves, or joins. I have JAWS running through a separate audio channel.

I haven't made a single update to my system--not even a Windows update--in over two weeks. The last Zoom update was maybe a month ago.
It's all very odd indeed.

On 7/26/2021 11:41 AM, Jim Weiss via groups.io wrote:
Did you make any changes to your accessibility settings in Zoom? Do you have the notifications for Zoom muted in JAWS? Alt+Windows key+S
Jim Weiss
jimweiss72@icloud.com

On Jul 26, 2021, at 11:28 AM, Steve Matzura <number6@noisynotes.com> wrote:

Has anyone else noticed JAWS isn't announcing when participants enter and leave Zoom meetings lately? I noticed it about a week ago, but I don't think there were any JAWS or Zoom updates that week--not until yesterday anyway.

Sharon S

Hi, when I used it last Thursday I got the messages when people joined and left.

From Shaz.
Canberra, Australia.

I haven't made a single update to my system--not even a Windows update--in over two weeks. The last Zoom update was maybe a month ago.
It's all very odd indeed.

On 7/26/2021 11:41 AM, Jim Weiss via groups.io wrote:
Did you make any changes to your accessibility settings in Zoom? Do you have the notifications for Zoom muted in JAWS? Alt+Windows key+S
Jim Weiss
jimweiss72@icloud.com

On Jul 26, 2021, at 11:28 AM, Steve Matzura <number6@noisynotes.com> wrote:

Has anyone else noticed JAWS isn't announcing when participants enter and leave Zoom meetings lately? I noticed it about a week ago, but I don't think there were any JAWS or Zoom updates that week--not until yesterday anyway.

David Diamond

I used it as early as last Saturday and got notified of departures and entrances.

Hi, when I used it last Thursday I got the messages when people joined and left.

From Shaz.
Canberra, Australia.

I haven't made a single update to my system--not even a Windows update--in over two weeks. The last Zoom update was maybe a month ago.
It's all very odd indeed.

On 7/26/2021 11:41 AM, Jim Weiss via groups.io wrote:
Did you make any changes to your accessibility settings in Zoom? Do
you have the notifications for Zoom muted in JAWS? Alt+Windows key+S
Jim Weiss jimweiss72@icloud.com

On Jul 26, 2021, at 11:28 AM, Steve Matzura <number6@noisynotes.com> wrote:

Has anyone else noticed JAWS isn't announcing when participants enter and leave Zoom meetings lately? I noticed it about a week ago, but I don't think there were any JAWS or Zoom updates that week--not until yesterday anyway.

Bill White

Hi, David. Did you try opening Zoom, and using the keystroke, ALT plus Windows key plus the letter S to enable Zoom alerts?

Bill White

billwhite92701@att.net

I used it as early as last Saturday and got notified of departures and entrances.

Hi, when I used it last Thursday I got the messages when people joined and left.

From Shaz.
Canberra, Australia.

I haven't made a single update to my system--not even a Windows update--in over two weeks. The last Zoom update was maybe a month ago.
It's all very odd indeed.

On 7/26/2021 11:41 AM, Jim Weiss via groups.io wrote:
Did you make any changes to your accessibility settings in Zoom? Do
you have the notifications for Zoom muted in JAWS? Alt+Windows key+S
Jim Weiss jimweiss72@icloud.com

On Jul 26, 2021, at 11:28 AM, Steve Matzura <number6@noisynotes.com> wrote:

Has anyone else noticed JAWS isn't announcing when participants enter and leave Zoom meetings lately? I noticed it about a week ago, but I don't think there were any JAWS or Zoom updates that week--not until yesterday anyway.

James English

Hello,

I used it last Saturday and it announced all that, as well as the
infinitely less useful messages that someone's network bandwith is
low. This is on an old version of jaws without the zoom-specific
features.

On 7/27/21, Bill White <billwhite92701@att.net> wrote:
Hi, David. Did you try opening Zoom, and using the keystroke, ALT plus
Windows key plus the letter S to enable Zoom alerts?

Bill White

billwhite92701@att.net

I used it as early as last Saturday and got notified of departures and
entrances.

Hi, when I used it last Thursday I got the messages when people joined and
left.

From Shaz.
Canberra, Australia.