moderated link won't work

Judy

Hi, all, the past few days I have gone to my bank website and logged in and was told I needed to verify myself as they couldn’t log me in because something was wrong. Well I changed nothing at all, but anyway, I requested a verification code which I received and where I was supposed to type in the code, there was no link. I have done this countless times over the years with my bank, Huntington, with no problem. It would have a line and a link for typing in the code, I would open it type it in and hit enter and all was fine. This time, for the past couple days, it says “type code here” but there is no link there at all. Can’t do anything. Any ideas? Using Jaws 19, Win 10 and Google Chrome which is the same browser I’ve always used with my bank. Thanks in advance. Judy & Libby

Ann Byrne

Try insert+spacebar, then z. If JAWS has done something weird, this keystroke will allow you to run it without the weirdness.

good luck.

At 03:26 PM 7/18/2021, you wrote:
Hi, all, the past few days I have gone to my bank website and logged in and was told I needed to verify myself as they couldn't log me in because something was wrong. Well I changed nothing at all, but anyway, I requested a verification code which I received and where I was supposed to type in the code, there was no link. I have done this countless times over the years with my bank, Huntington, with no problem. It would have a line and a link for typing in the code, I would open it type it in and hit enter and all was fine. This time, for the past couple days, it says "type code here" but there is no link there at all. Can't do anything. Any ideas? Using Jaws 19, Win 10 and Google Chrome which is the same browser I've always used with my bank. Thanks in advance. Judy & Libby

Richard Turner <richardturner42@...>

The next step is to call the bank during working hours.

Richard
Software means never having to say you're finished

Web site: www.turner42.com

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ann Byrne
Sent: Sunday, July 18, 2021 1:33 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: link won't work

Try insert+spacebar, then z. If JAWS has done something weird, this keystroke will allow you to run it without the weirdness.

good luck.
Hi, all, the past few days I have gone to my bank website and logged in
and was told I needed to verify myself as they couldn't log me in
because something was wrong. Well I changed nothing at all, but anyway,
I requested a verification code which I received and where I was
supposed to type in the code, there was no link. I have done this
countless times over the years with my bank, Huntington, with no
problem. It would have a line and a link for typing in the code, I
would open it type it in and hit enter and all was fine. This time, for
the past couple days, it says "type code here" but there is no link
there at all. Can't do anything. Any ideas? Using Jaws 19, Win 10 and
Google Chrome which is the same browser I've always used with my bank.
Thanks in advance. Judy & Libby

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

There are many variables here, do you use auto forms mode or not? Have you tried to type "e" or "f" to see if there is a form field where y ou can type in the code they sent? If so just type the code and press enter.

You can also try to turn off the virtual cursor and tab through the page to see if you get to the edit field for the code this way.

If all of this doesn't work I'd contact your bank and tell them that you can't access their site with a screenreader and they need to fix it.

In the meantime you may want to ask a sighted friend or family member to help or, if that is inconvenient maybew try Aira and see if they can connect and see what is going on. Of course in order to use Aira you would have to have an iPhone or maybe an Android, I haven't kept up as to whether Aira is available on Android.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Judy
Sent: Sunday, July 18, 2021 1:26 PM
Subject: link won't work

Hi, all, the past few days I have gone to my bank website and logged in and was told I needed to verify myself as they couldn’t log me in because something was wrong. Well I changed nothing at all, but anyway, I requested a verification code which I received and where I was supposed to type in the code, there was no link. I have done this countless times over the years with my bank, Huntington, with no problem. It would have a line and a link for typing in the code, I would open it type it in and hit enter and all was fine. This time, for the past couple days, it says “type code here” but there is no link there at all. Can’t do anything. Any ideas? Using Jaws 19, Win 10 and Google Chrome which is the same browser I’ve always used with my bank. Thanks in advance. Judy & Libby

Don H

Had problem with my bank site as well. Seems they don't like chrome based browsers. I have to use firefox to get in.

On 7/18/2021 3:26 PM, Judy wrote:

JM Casey

Are you sure it is a link and not a form field?

Maybe you can get them to send the code to your phone. Then you get the code from the sms they send youa nd enter into a form field on the page that should appear after the login attempt.

This is how I work it with my bank anyway.

If you are unable to do anything else, then yeah, call the bank.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Judy
Sent: July 18, 2021 04:26 PM

Judy

Hi, I don’t use the automatic form field thing, it drives me nuts. But there is no form field there on that line where I’m supposed to type and there always was before. My bank still has phone cust serv on Sundays so I called and complained to let their i.t. people know as it always worked before. I was able to go onto the site using internet explorer of all things and of course had to get a verification code as it was a different browser, but the form field to type in the code worked fine and I was able to get in. I hope they get things together, I do not like nor can I figure out Firefox. Thanks. Judy & Libby

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Sunday, July 18, 2021 5:04 PM

There are many variables here, do you use auto forms mode or not? Have you tried to type "e" or "f" to see if there is a form field where y ou can type in the code they sent? If so just type the code and press enter.

You can also try to turn off the virtual cursor and tab through the page to see if you get to the edit field for the code this way.

If all of this doesn't work I'd contact your bank and tell them that you can't access their site with a screenreader and they need to fix it.

In the meantime you may want to ask a sighted friend or family member to help or, if that is inconvenient maybew try Aira and see if they can connect and see what is going on. Of course in order to use Aira you would have to have an iPhone or maybe an Android, I haven't kept up as to whether Aira is available on Android.

Judy

Thanks. Judy

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Ann Byrne
Sent: Sunday, July 18, 2021 4:33 PM

Try insert+spacebar, then z. If JAWS has done something weird, this
keystroke will allow you to run it without the weirdness.

good luck.
Hi, all, the past few days I have gone to my bank website and logged
in and was told I needed to verify myself as they couldn't log me in
because something was wrong. Well I changed nothing at all, but
anyway, I requested a verification code which I received and where I
was supposed to type in the code, there was no link. I have done
this countless times over the years with my bank, Huntington, with
no problem. It would have a line and a link for typing in the code,
I would open it type it in and hit enter and all was fine. This
time, for the past couple days, it says "type code here" but there
is no link there at all. Can't do anything. Any ideas? Using Jaws
19, Win 10 and Google Chrome which is the same browser I've always
used with my bank. Thanks in advance. Judy & Libby

Mike B.

Hi Ann & Judy,

Insert + spacebar, then Z, is not the keystroke you want.  This keystroke is a toggle for running Jaws with its default settings and switching back to your personal settings.

The keystroke you want is, Insert + Z, this toggles the virtual cursor off / on.

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.
Just once, I want a username and password prompt to say:  "Close Enough!"

----- Original Message -----

Try insert+spacebar, then z.  If JAWS has done something weird, this

good luck.
>Hi, all, the past few days I have gone to my bank website and logged
>in and was told I needed to verify myself as they couldn't log me in
>because something was wrong. Well I changed nothing at all, but
>anyway, I requested a verification code which I received and where I
>was supposed to type in the code, there was no link. I have done
>this countless times over the years with my bank, Huntington, with
>no problem. It would have a line and a link for typing in the code,
>I would open it type it in and hit enter and all was fine. This
>time, for the past couple days, it says "type code here" but there
>is no link there at all. Can't do anything. Any ideas? Using Jaws
>19, Win 10 and Google Chrome which is the same browser I've always
>used with my bank. Thanks in advance. Judy & Libby
>

Ann Byrne

Sometimes NVDA can see things JAWS cannot. I had to use it on the Chase Bank site for a couple of months before JAWS, or Chase, or something made it JAWS accessible again.

At 06:25 PM 7/18/2021, you wrote:
Hi, I don't use the automatic form field thing, it drives me nuts. But there is no form field there on that line where I'm supposed to type and there always was before. My bank still has phone cust serv on Sundays so I called and complained to let their i.t. people know as it always worked before. I was able to go onto the site using internet explorer of all things and of course had to get a verification code as it was a different browser, but the form field to type in the code worked fine and I was able to get in. I hope they get things together, I do not like nor can I figure out Firefox. Thanks. Judy & Libby

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Sunday, July 18, 2021 5:04 PM

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groupsio> On Behalf Of Judy

Hi, all, the past few days I have gone to my bank website and logged in and was told I needed to verify myself as they couldn't log me in because something was wrong. Well I changed nothing at all, but anyway, I requested a verification code which I received and where I was supposed to type in the code, there was no link. I have done this countless times over the years with my bank, Huntington, with no problem. It would have a line and a link for typing in the code, I would open it type it in and hit enter and all was fine. This time, for the past couple days, it says "type code here" but there is no link there at all. Can't do anything. Any ideas? Using Jaws 19, Win 10 and Google Chrome which is the same browser I've always used with my bank. Thanks in advance. Judy & Libby

Ann Byrne

Actually, insert+space bar, then Z, runs JAWS in a default mode of some sort. For a while it was the only way I could get into my bank's site. Once I got in, I did insert+spacebar then z again to get back to JAWS with my preferred settings. I had only change speed and perhaps punctuation, so nothing that should have interfered. However. Running JAWS with default settings worked.

There is sometimes a chrome.jsi file with things JAWS thinks I have changed. When I find it, I delete it because it makes things not work correctly.

At 06:48 PM 7/18/2021, you wrote:
Hi Ann & Judy,

Insert + spacebar, then Z, is not the keystroke you want. This keystroke is a toggle for running Jaws with its default settings and switching back to your personal settings.

The keystroke you want is, Insert + Z, this toggles the virtual cursor off / on.

Stay safe & take care. Mike.
Just once, I want a username and password prompt to say: "Close Enough!"

To: <mailto:main@jfw.groups.io>main@jfw.groups.io

Try insert+spacebar, then z. If JAWS has done something weird, this

good luck.
Hi, all, the past few days I have gone to my bank website and logged
in and was told I needed to verify myself as they couldn't log me in
because something was wrong. Well I changed nothing at all, but
anyway, I requested a verification code which I received and where I
was supposed to type in the code, there was no link. I have done
this countless times over the years with my bank, Huntington, with
no problem. It would have a line and a link for typing in the code,
I would open it type it in and hit enter and all was fine. This
time, for the past couple days, it says "type code here" but there
is no link there at all. Can't do anything. Any ideas? Using Jaws
19, Win 10 and Google Chrome which is the same browser I've always
used with my bank. Thanks in advance. Judy & Libby

Judy

Thanks, Mike  Judy

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mike B.
Sent: Sunday, July 18, 2021 7:48 PM

Hi Ann & Judy,

Insert + spacebar, then Z, is not the keystroke you want.  This keystroke is a toggle for running Jaws with its default settings and switching back to your personal settings.

good luck.
>

Mike B.

Hi Judy,

If you're new to Firefox, like myself, you need to go into the Settings Center and assign sounds for when edit fields are opened / closed.  Also, I suggested the turning off of the virtual cursor keystroke because it's necessary to turn the virtual cursor off when navigating the menues to make option changes.  You might want to run Firefox with forms mode set to Automatic to get the hang of it and this way you may not miss the edit fields you're looking for.

Sent: Monday, July 19, 2021 11:58 AM

Thanks, Mike  Judy

Hi Ann & Judy,

good luck.
>

Bill White

Hi, Mike. I don't have Virtual Cursor turned off in Firefox, and I can make options changes just fine.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Sent: Monday, July 19, 2021 12:15 PM

Hi Judy,

If you're new to Firefox, like myself, you need to go into the Settings Center and assign sounds for when edit fields are opened / closed.  Also, I suggested the turning off of the virtual cursor keystroke because it's necessary to turn the virtual cursor off when navigating the menues to make option changes.  You might want to run Firefox with forms mode set to Automatic to get the hang of it and this way you may not miss the edit fields you're looking for.

Thanks, Mike  Judy

Hi Ann & Judy,

good luck.
>

JM Casey

Yeah, I don’t bother with that either. I only turn the virtual cursor off when using certain websites, like youtube for instance.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill White
Sent: July 19, 2021 03:33 PM

Hi, Mike. I don't have Virtual Cursor turned off in Firefox, and I can make options changes just fine.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Hi Judy,

Thanks, Mike  Judy

Hi Ann & Judy,

good luck.
>

Mike B.

Hi Bill,

Well like I said, I'm new to Firefox, I just installed it yesterday to see how it works and I haven't had much of a chance to play around and learn the menues and how to navigate them.

I have used Waterfox Classic quite a bit and I found it easier to turn the virtual cursor off when I needed to make an options change and I assumed Firefox would be the same since Waterfox is a stripped down version of Firefox.

Sent: Monday, July 19, 2021 12:32 PM

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Hi Judy,

Thanks, Mike  Judy

Hi Ann & Judy,

good luck.