moderated cannot identify speaker using Zoom

Mario

I'm using the latest versions of JAWS 2020 with the Zoom client on Windows 10 20H2, and when I press control+shift+t I get
"unknown script call to: ZoomNotifyCurrentSpeaker".

any suggestions on how to fix this issue aside of calling FS support on Monday?

Ann Byrne

Can't fix the script; but press insert+3 (passthrough) then ctrl+2.

At 11:19 AM 7/17/2021, you wrote:
I'm using the latest versions of JAWS 2020 with the Zoom client on Windows 10 20H2, and when I press control+shift+t I get
"unknown script call to: ZoomNotifyCurrentSpeaker".

any suggestions on how to fix this issue aside of calling FS support on Monday?

David Griffith

You have almost certainly tried this already but forcing Jaws to restart - that is Jaws key windows F4 normally clears script errors for me. Unfortunately forcing Jaws to restart in this mode is pretty slow.
David Griffith

On 17 Jul 2021, at 17:19, Mario <mrb620@hotmail.com> wrote:

I'm using the latest versions of JAWS 2020 with the Zoom client on Windows 10 20H2, and when I press control+shift+t I get
"unknown script call to: ZoomNotifyCurrentSpeaker".

any suggestions on how to fix this issue aside of calling FS support on Monday?

Richard Turner <richardturner42@...>

Since I'm not in a meeting and I don't have all the keystrokes memorized since I use zoom about once a month, what does control+2 do?

Richard

At 11:19 AM 7/17/2021, you wrote:
I'm using the latest versions of JAWS 2020 with the Zoom client on
Windows 10 20H2, and when I press control+shift+t I get "unknown script
call to: ZoomNotifyCurrentSpeaker".

any suggestions on how to fix this issue aside of calling FS support on
Monday?

David Griffith

The keystroke is designed to announce the name of the person currently speaking in the Zoom Meeting.
As a previous poster noted what you will actually hear is the name of the login name - so if you are using another person’s account / device this is what will be announced.

At 11:19 AM 7/17/2021, you wrote:
I'm using the latest versions of JAWS 2020 with the Zoom client on
Windows 10 20H2, and when I press control+shift+t I get "unknown script
call to: ZoomNotifyCurrentSpeaker".

any suggestions on how to fix this issue aside of calling FS support on
Monday?

Richard Turner <richardturner42@...>

Thanks David.
So, the Jaws script is just invoking that function without having to press the bypass key.
Or, it is pressing bypass and control+2 for you.

Richard