Also, you can access the format menu by highlighting either one or multiple cells and use the application key followed by the “F” key. This will allow you to change the format of the cell(s) contents and lock/unlock or hide cells.

Jim Weiss
jimweiss72@icloud.com

On Jul 5, 2021, at 4:27 PM, NFB Lab 4 <nfbsc.lab.4@gmail.com> wrote:

Press control and hit the number one on the number row. That will open up the format sounds dialog box
On Jul 5, 2021, at 3:33 PM, Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@live.ca> wrote:

And if you want to do something like cell width, it's Alt + H followed by O and then it's "I" for auto adjust width opr "w" if you want tyo type in a value.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Alan Robbins
Sent: Monday, July 5, 2021 12:31 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: formatting cells in excell 365 under windows 10

Try Ctrl 1 from within a worksheet.

Alan

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of ratshtron
Sent: Monday, July 5, 2021 3:24 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

I for some reason I cannot find the format cells option with excel 365. it used to be easy to get help and ask excell to format cells but not anymore, lol! I am needing the proceedure for getting to the format cell function.
thanks!

NFB Lab 4

Press control and hit the number one on the number row. That will open up the format sounds dialog box

On Jul 5, 2021, at 3:33 PM, Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@live.ca> wrote:

And if you want to do something like cell width, it's Alt + H followed by O and then it's "I" for auto adjust width opr "w" if you want tyo type in a value.

I for some reason I cannot find the format cells option with excel 365. it used to be easy to get help and ask excell to format cells but not anymore, lol! I am needing the proceedure for getting to the format cell function.
thanks!

ratshtron

Thank you so much, won't forget this one, lol! I am always typing the wrong stuff and have to reformat a cell back to plain text.