moderated Express Scribe Transcription Software Accessibility

Phillip Gross

The only things in Express Scribe I have found to not be labeled are the go to start, rewind, play, fast forward, and go to end buttons. For rewinding, playing, and fast forwarding, I use a pedal. There are also function keys that perform these actions. I am on my iPad right now and can’t recall them, but I think they are listed in help or on the website. If worse comes to worse I saw them on an old thread in this group the other day. Just search the group for Express Scribe.

Also, with the unlabeled buttons, there are only 5 of them and the tab order is easy to recall.

Mike Elledge

Sounds good.

On Thursday, June 24, 2021, 4:06 PM, Glenn / Lenny <glenn@...> wrote:

Joe,
Many programs used in the business place are written in HTML, although I
have no idea if this particular software is as such.
But if it is, you can label the fields with Jaws, or at least, if not, you
can make a frame around them, which is basic Jaws stuff.
Or if it is HTML, you can put place markers  on the fields.
Glenn