From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dani Pagador
Sent: Friday, June 18, 2021 7:30 PM
To: main <main@jfw.groups.io>
Subject: How to Copy the Address of a Webpage?

Hi, Guys.
How do I copy the address of a webpage to paste somewhere else? I know that Ins+a reads the address, but can't dust my mind's corners out to work out how to copy said address.

Thanks,
Dani

Dani Pagador

I know that Ctrl+c copies the text to the clipboard, but when the
Ins+a is performed and JFW reads the text, is it highlighted so it can
be copied, or is there another thing to do between Ins+a and Ctrl+c?

On 6/18/21, Dani Pagador via groups.io
<pocketfulofspry=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi, Guys.
How do I copy the address of a webpage to paste somewhere else? I know
that Ins+a reads the address, but can't dust my mind's corners out to
work out how to copy said address.

Thanks,
Dani

I just use the universal shortcut (in Firefox and every Chromium-based browser), CTRL+L, that throws focus to the address bar and selects its contents.  This is even true if you already happen to have focus there, but the content is not selected.  Followed by the good, old fashioned, CTRL+C to copy and you know you have it on your clipboard.

           ~ André Gide

Mario

no, insert+a makes JAWS read it. insert+ a twice puts the address into a virtual window, where you can review it slowly letter by letter or select and copy it to the clipboard. then press escape to close the window.

I know that Ctrl+c copies the text to the clipboard, but when the
Ins+a is performed and JFW reads the text, is it highlighted so it can
be copied, or is there another thing to do between Ins+a and Ctrl+c?

On 6/18/21, Dani Pagador via groups.io
<pocketfulofspry=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi, Guys.
How do I copy the address of a webpage to paste somewhere else? I know
that Ins+a reads the address, but can't dust my mind's corners out to
work out how to copy said address.

Thanks,
Dani

.

Mario

no, it's alt+d to focus to the address bar, and incidentally the address is automatically selected, and then control+c.

From: Adrian Spratt [mailto:adrian@adrianspratt.com]
Date: Friday, June 18, 2021, 7:47 PM