From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Madison Martin
Sent: Thursday, June 17, 2021 4:10 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Question on outlook

Okay, I had this issue too.

Press alt f for the file menu and arrow down until you hear Jaws say “options” and enter on it.

Arrow down to “mail”

Tab until you find the two checkboxes (sorry I can’t remember which one I had to uncheck to fix the issue), one that says “display an envelope icon in the taskbar” and “display a desktop notification when a message arrives,”, I’m sure I didn’t get the wording exact, but it’ll be similar

Once you’ve unchecked both options tab until you find the okay button and enter on it

Hope this helps!!!

Thanks,Jeff Lukacsenahello list, I am running the latest version of drawers on a windows 10 laptop are use Outlook I was wondering if there is a way to stop jaws from announcing a message every time it comes into the Outlook inbox while I am working on other stuff if there is no way to do it that’s fine I thought there was some kind of hockey to turn the announcements on and off if somebody could provide that info I would appreciate it thanks Jeff Lukacsena

Jeff Lukacsena