moderated windows 10 help with jaws

On Fri, Jun 11, 2021 at 09:06 PM, Jerry hathaway wrote:
When I leave the computer for a short time the computer goes to a screen which has buttons on it such as screen lock, Internet, power, ease of access, and a few other buttons.
-
Very odd, in that this doesn't sound like the typical lock screen when the machine goes to sleep, but "a Dell thing."  But if that Dell screen is replacing the standard Windows 10 lock screen, it may still be controllable in Windows 10 settings (to follow).  If it isn't, then you need to talk to Dell.

Settings, System, Power & Sleep - Check your settings there so that they're what you'd prefer.  I never have my machines sleep when they're on AC power, though I do have the screen turn off.

Settings, Accounts, Sign-in Options Pane, then the Require Sign-in dropdown in the pane.  It has the question text, "When you've been away, when should Windows require you to sign in again?"  Set it to Never.

See what happens then.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H1, Build 19043  

It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.

~ André Gide

Chris

Or ESC

Sent: 12 June 2021 13:57
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: windows 10 help with jaws

Try pressing enter.

At 07:43 AM 6/12/2021, you wrote:

>If your computer is a laptop and it has a

>touchscreen simply swipe your finger over the

>screen. This will wake up the laptop and you can

>then use your tab key to find the place to

>either enter your pin or your password.

>>On Jun 11, 2021, at 9:07 PM, Jerry hathaway

>><jerry.hathaway2@...> wrote:

>> 

>>

>>On my new computer which I am slowly changing,

>>I have the latest Jaws, I am having a issue

>>windows 10. When I leave the computer for a

>>short time the computer goes to a screen which

>>has buttons on it such as screen lock,

>>Internet, power, ease of access, and a few

>>other buttons. When I come to this screen I

>>usually have to go to the power button and

>>restart the computer. How can I fix so I do not

>>have to deal with this computer screen problem. Any help will be appreciated.

>> 

>>Jerry

>> 

Randy Barnett <blindmansbluff09@...>

you're gonna have to set your computer to not lock the screen when it goes to sleep. So you need to go to your power settings and turn off require a   password after computer goes to sleep.

Randy Barnett

On Jun 11, 2021, at 6:07 PM, Jerry hathaway <jerry.hathaway2@...> wrote:

On my new computer which I am slowly changing, I have the latest Jaws, I am having a issue windows 10. When I leave the computer for a short time the computer goes to a screen which has buttons on it such as screen lock, Internet, power, ease of access, and a few other buttons. When I come to this screen I usually have to go to the power button and restart the computer. How can I fix so I do not have to deal with this computer screen problem. Any help will be appreciated.

Jerry

Loy

Hit enter on the sign in button.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, June 11, 2021 9:06 PM
Subject: windows 10 help with jaws

On my new computer which I am slowly changing, I have the latest Jaws, I am having a issue windows 10. When I leave the computer for a short time the computer goes to a screen which has buttons on it such as screen lock, Internet, power, ease of access, and a few other buttons. When I come to this screen I usually have to go to the power button and restart the computer. How can I fix so I do not have to deal with this computer screen problem. Any help will be appreciated.

Jerry

Richard Turner

It sounds like your machine is going to sleep and you are having to wake it up and login each time.
Check out the settings below:
Tap your Windows key and type power and sleep, and you should find the following:
Power & sleep settings, System settings, Press right to switch preview
Settings
Hit enter to open that setting.
The first setting is: Power & sleep and the combo boxes can be adjusted to what fits your usage.
Screen
On battery power, turn off after Combo box,
To change the selection use the Arrow keys.
When plugged in, turn off after Combo box
Sleep
On battery power, PC goes to sleep after Combo box
When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after Combo box
Related settings
Additional power settings Link
If you hit enter on that link you have these options:
Power Options
Choose what the power buttons do Link
Choose what closing the lid does Link

And more.

I hope that helps,

Richard
Software means never having to say you're finished

Web site: www.turner42.com

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ann Byrne
Sent: Saturday, June 12, 2021 5:58 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: windows 10 help with jaws

Try pressing enter.
If your computer is a laptop and it has a touchscreen simply swipe your
finger over the screen. This will wake up the laptop and you can then
use your tab key to find the place to either enter your pin or your
password.

On Jun 11, 2021, at 9:07 PM, Jerry hathaway
<jerry.hathaway2@frontier.com> wrote:

On my new computer which I am slowly changing,
I have the latest Jaws, I am having a issue
windows 10. When I leave the computer for a
short time the computer goes to a screen which
has buttons on it such as screen lock,
Internet, power, ease of access, and a few
other buttons. When I come to this screen I
usually have to go to the power button and
restart the computer. How can I fix so I do not
have to deal with this computer screen problem. Any help will be appreciated.

Jerry

Ann Byrne

Try pressing enter.

If your computer is a laptop and it has a touchscreen simply swipe your finger over the screen. This will wake up the laptop and you can then use your tab key to find the place to either enter your pin or your password.

On Jun 11, 2021, at 9:07 PM, Jerry hathaway <jerry.hathaway2@frontier.com> wrote:

On my new computer which I am slowly changing, I have the latest Jaws, I am having a issue windows 10. When I leave the computer for a short time the computer goes to a screen which has buttons on it such as screen lock, Internet, power, ease of access, and a few other buttons. When I come to this screen I usually have to go to the power button and restart the computer. How can I fix so I do not have to deal with this computer screen problem. Any help will be appreciated.

Jerry

Jim Weiss

If your computer is a laptop and it has a touchscreen simply swipe your finger over the screen. This will wake up the laptop and you can then use your tab key to find the place to either enter your pin or your password.

On Jun 11, 2021, at 9:07 PM, Jerry hathaway <jerry.hathaway2@...> wrote:

Jerry

Tom Behler

Jerry:

I have noticed this as well with my Dell Windows 10 PC, but can usually get back to where I need to be by just hitting enter.

Let us know if this works for you.

Tom Behler

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jerry hathaway
Sent: Friday, June 11, 2021 9:07 PM
To: JFW Listserve <jfw@groups.io>
Subject: windows 10 help with jaws

Jerry

Jerry hathaway

Jerry