moderated games

JM Casey

Hi.

Do you mean actual D&D that I talked about playing nowadays?

If you are referring to the MUDs (multi-user dungeons), I don’t really now anything about what’s around nowadays, but I’m sure some people still play them. Maybe do a search around for mud clients and “multi-user dungeons” and you may find some interesting stuff. You can either log in with a client or through telnet. This is way old-school internet.

As for dungeons and dragons – it’s not software at all. Throught eh pandemic my friends and I got together on discord and google meets and played it. It’s all brain, paper/notepad, dice (real or computerised), roleplay and some basic guide books. I am fortunate to have two really good dungeonmasters, and one day may even take a stab at it myself. It’s a pretty enw hobby for me but a lot of fun if you get the right group of people together.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Shan Noyes
Sent: June 5, 2021 11:15 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: games

I’m interested in knowing where you played that dungeons and dragons game and how does the interface work with Josh have a good day everyone Shan 

On Jun 4, 2021, at 10:37 AM, JM Casey <jmcasey@...> wrote:

Ah, yes, Quentin C’s gameroom – I believe I downloaded that on my old pC, but, as there was never anyone around to play with, I never used it. I guess if I had more friends in the so-called community; I might go on either of those sites more often, but whenever I logged into RS recently it was also a bit of a ghost town.

So I just play dungeons and dragons online now. Haha

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jasmine Kotsay
Sent: June 4, 2021 12:30 PM

There’s also Quinton sees playroom, which is a web-based set of games kind of like RS, and it also has a client like RS does. They are pretty awesome, although the interface is a bit intense.

On Jun 4, 2021, at 8:39 AM, JM Casey <jmcasey@...> wrote:

Hello Mark.

What sort of games are you looking into?

Obviously as JAWS is a text screen-reader you will not have much luck with graphical games (though I understand you can use OCR for some things)…I have heard f a few modern games with some accessibility-related features, but I don’t know much about that and, actually I suspect they are not really JAWS-related/won’t work with your screen-reader and are actually audio feedback from the games themselves.

Of course you can always try text adventures, card games, word games, etc.

There is rs-games, a site where there are several card and-board-game type things you can play with others. I haven’t used it in a while, but if you can get a party together to play with, it can be fairly cool.

I personally am a fan of interactive fiction type games which can be found on websites and downlaoded from placesl ike the Interactive Fiction archive (you need interpreter programmes for most of these).

I haven’t played any in years, but there are also Multi-User Dungeons (MUDs), which are set up online and accessed through various clients (or even just a telnet terminal. They are multi-player and they work a lot like dungeons and dragons, if you are familiar with that, except all the dice-rolling and such happens behind the scenes.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mark
Sent: June 3, 2021 08:08 PM
Subject: games

does any have experience of using JAWS with computer games, preferably multiplayer games

Shan Noyes

I’m interested in knowing where you played that dungeons and dragons game and how does the interface work with Josh have a good day everyone Shan 

On Jun 4, 2021, at 10:37 AM, JM Casey <jmcasey@...> wrote:

Ah, yes, Quentin C’s gameroom – I believe I downloaded that on my old pC, but, as there was never anyone around to play with, I never used it. I guess if I had more friends in the so-called community; I might go on either of those sites more often, but whenever I logged into RS recently it was also a bit of a ghost town.

There’s also Quinton sees playroom, which is a web-based set of games kind of like RS, and it also has a client like RS does. They are pretty awesome, although the interface is a bit intense.

Hello Mark.

Obviously as JAWS is a text screen-reader you will not have much luck with graphical games (though I understand you can use OCR for some things)…I have heard f a few modern games with some accessibility-related features, but I don’t know much about that and, actually I suspect they are not really JAWS-related/won’t work with your screen-reader and are actually audio feedback from the games themselves.

There is rs-games, a site where there are several card and-board-game type things you can play with others. I haven’t used it in a while, but if you can get a party together to play with, it can be fairly cool.

I personally am a fan of interactive fiction type games which can be found on websites and downlaoded from placesl ike the Interactive Fiction archive (you need interpreter programmes for most of these).

I haven’t played any in years, but there are also Multi-User Dungeons (MUDs), which are set up online and accessed through various clients (or even just a telnet terminal. They are multi-player and they work a lot like dungeons and dragons, if you are familiar with that, except all the dice-rolling and such happens behind the scenes.

does any have experience of using JAWS with computer games, preferably multiplayer games

JM Casey

Hmm…well, software never really goes away entirely, it just fades away. I wouldn’t’ be surprised if these were on the web somewhere, and they may well work with Windows 10, possibly with some small amount of tweaking.

How niche are these games?

A good place for old software is:

http://www.oldversion.com

Sent: June 4, 2021 12:29 PM

I know this is a thread where someone else asked about games originally, but I also have a question. I am wondering if there is a way to get hold of some of the old windows vista and XP games. There are two that I am looking for mainly. One of them is the 3-D pinball from windows XP, and the other one is called Purble place. It’s a matching game that was from Windows Vista, and I love it!

Hello Mark.

JM Casey

Hello Mark.

Jasmine Kotsay

Hello Mark.

Jasmine Kotsay

I know this is a thread where someone else asked about games originally, but I also have a question. I am wondering if there is a way to get hold of some of the old windows vista and XP games. There are two that I am looking for mainly. One of them is the 3-D pinball from windows XP, and the other one is called Purble place. It’s a matching game that was from Windows Vista, and I love it!

Hello Mark.

JM Casey

Hello Mark.

Mark