moderated JAWS and read only fields

Udo Egner-Walter

Hi Don,

to test this on my own PC I opened JAWS help menu and selected the info menu item. There are several read only edits there but in every edit box I didn't hear JAWS announce to enter text. Can you provide some sample application or sample web page so one could have a closer look?

All the best
Udo

Am 03.06.2021 um 18:58 schrieb Don Mauck <don.mauck@...>:

Hi, I have a user who is complaining that JAWS is announcing “Read-only” fields along with type in text” and they think that the read only fields should not say “type in text”.

This has never really bothered me too much but is there a way to control this? I sure cannot find any documentation on stopping that unless it would be a scheme of some kind.