moderated when a jaws user dies

Eric Damery <edamery@...>

The Perpetual ILM license must be at current release level, and then the owner (or widow), would need to call the Customer Service and request to transfer it to a willing party. There is a $75 transfer fee owned at that time and we would need to know the new owner to get their registration recorded.

Regards,

Eric

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike B via groups.io
Sent: Thursday, June 3, 2021 2:07 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: when a jaws user dies

CAUTION: This email originated outside Vispero. Do not click links, open attachments or forward unless you recognize the sender.

Hi Eric,

What would the widow have to do to sell and transfer the license to someone?  I've been asked this question on several occasions and my answer is to call Vispero / FS because I don't have a clue.

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.
Just once, I want a username and password prompt to say:  "Close Enough!"

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Thursday, June 03, 2021 6:29 AM

Stan,

Please encourage your friend to reach out to Freedom Scientific Customer Service at 800-444-4443. In the event the license was ILM and there was a remaining SMA on the license, I'm certain that something would be done to extend her a refund for that unused portion.

Regards,
Eric

Mike B.

Hi Eric,

What would the widow have to do to sell and transfer the license to someone?  I've been asked this question on several occasions and my answer is to call Vispero / FS because I don't have a clue.

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.
Just once, I want a username and password prompt to say:  "Close Enough!"

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, June 03, 2021 6:29 AM

Stan,

Please encourage your friend to reach out to Freedom Scientific Customer Service at 800-444-4443. In the event the license was ILM and there was a remaining SMA on the license, I'm certain that something would be done to extend her a refund for that unused portion.

Regards,
Eric

Eric Damery <edamery@...>

Stan,

Regards,
Eric

Michael Munn

Agree with the user mentioned above. 
No refund is granted once the item is being purchased. 
Thanks for the inquiry. 
Best regards 
Michael Munn 

JAWS Certified, 2019

Member: Georgia Association of Blind Students National Federation of the Blind of Georgia  

www.nfbga.org

Member: National association of Blind Students National Federation of the Blind 

www.nfb.org

Student of: Hadley Institute of the Blind 

www.hadley.edu

On Wed, Jun 2, 2021 at 3:03 PM Gerald Levy via groups.io <bwaylimited=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:

Good luck trying to  get a refund from FS.  Once you pay for an SMA or annual license, the sale is final.  FS does not automatically renew an annual license.  When it expires, JAWS will simply revert to 40 minute demo mode unless it is renewed by the user.

Gerald

On 6/2/2021 2:37 PM, Stan Holdeman wrote:

Listers: A fellow jaws user and friend recently died. His widow wondered if she would get any money back from Jaws. I said I would ask around.

1. Would an unused SMA be eligible fore refund?
  2. I don’t think he was on a subscription, but if he was, would any unused portion of annual subscription be eligible for refund?
  3. If a subscriber, is renewal automatic or does renewal require positive action by the subscriber? In other words does she need to stop the subscription or be automatically renewed?

Thanks for your help.

Stan

Gerald Levy

Good luck trying to  get a refund from FS.  Once you pay for an SMA or annual license, the sale is final.  FS does not automatically renew an annual license.  When it expires, JAWS will simply revert to 40 minute demo mode unless it is renewed by the user.

Gerald

On 6/2/2021 2:37 PM, Stan Holdeman wrote:

Listers: A fellow jaws user and friend recently died. His widow wondered if she would get any money back from Jaws. I said I would ask around.

2. I don’t think he was on a subscription, but if he was, would any unused portion of annual subscription be eligible for refund?
  3. If a subscriber, is renewal automatic or does renewal require positive action by the subscriber? In other words does she need to stop the subscription or be automatically renewed?

Thanks for your help.

Stan

Stan Holdeman

Thanks for your help.

Stan