moderated JAWS sluggish on Dell Inspiron desktop machine

Brian Zolo

Awesome, definitely will highly consider going that route although I’ve had poor success with Bluetooth on windw7 so I’ve been a little gunshy about Bluetooth in windows ten.  Thanks so much for your response!  BZ!

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Phillip Gross
Sent: Wednesday, June 2, 2021 1:23 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: JAWS sluggish on Dell Inspiron desktop machine

There are a couple of ways around needing sited assistance for your installation.you can use Seeing AI to read your screen. Just make sure everything else is closed before you start. Also, make sure you have the keystrokes for restarting memorized.

Your second option is the better one. Bluetooth doesn’t use your Sound driver. It works like an external sound card. Using Bluetooth headphones, if you have them, should allow you to do it all without losing your screen reader.

Phillip Gross

There are a couple of ways around needing sited assistance for your installation.you can use Seeing AI to read your screen. Just make sure everything else is closed before you start. Also, make sure you have the keystrokes for restarting memorized.

Your second option is the better one. Bluetooth doesn’t use your Sound driver. It works like an external sound card. Using Bluetooth headphones, if you have them, should allow you to do it all without losing your screen reader.

Brian Zolo

Good morning, folks, Brian Zolo here in Gahanna, Ohio feel free to call me BZ, grin!  My wife Kathy and I have dell inspiron 5202’s and we’ve disabled the soundmax from startup and use the Realtek audio though theyre’s a new dell update for Realtek which I’ll need sighted assistance to install as it first uninstalls the old Realtek driver and then reboots to install the new Realtek driver.  Which soundblaster sound card do you recommend?  Do you go with a usb soundblaster card?  Thanks so much for your assistance, have a great day!  BZ!