moderated Jeff Lukacsena: I need help with something in Windows

Presuming Windows 10, to determine your account type, open Settings, Accounts, Your Info Pane (which is what opens initially by default).

In that pane your account will either be identified as Administrator or Standard.  You are not going to be able to touch anything not owned by you (ignoring public folders) unless you have admin privileges.

I have not, in years, had Windows fail to give me some sort of choice in the "you don't have permission to delete this file" dialog to take permission when necessary.  But I don't memorize the phrasing since it doesn't happen often.  Having exact message text is very helpful when this sort of thing occurs in order to advise accurately.

           ~ André Gide

Jeff Lukacsena

Hi Juan,

I’m the only one who uses the laptop., so I think I am the admin.

If not, how would I make sure I am the admin.

Jeff