moderated How to size and position pictures in PPT

Also just found this on superuser.com with regard to changing image size:

  • Ctrl + Shift + ↑↓ change the height of the shape.  (Not sure how that will read, but CTRL+SHIFT+ up or down arrow)
  • Ctrl + Shift + ←→ change the width of the shape. (Same here, but CTRL+SHIFT+ left or right arrow)

If the shape's aspect ratio is locked, changing height will change width proportionally and vice versa.

           ~ André Gide

Marianne,

Decided to do a little experimenting directly in PowerPoint (2013, in this case, but should still apply).

When I have a picture object selected, the arrow keys will move it in precisely the directions you'd expect.

The easiest way I can find that doesn't require either vision or the mouse to resize a picture is via the Size and Position dialog you can get to by bringing up the context menu when a picture object is selected.  You can either hunt for it or hit Z once the context menu is up.

You may even find using the position option in the Size and Position function preferable to the arrow keys.

In the size function, everything's expressed in units relative to the page size units you're using.  The same is true in the position dialog, and the figures are relative either to the top left corner of the picture or the center of the picture.  You can easily get into negative measurements showing up if "from the center" is being used even while the picture is still fully within the viewable area.  You do not get this (generally) with "from the top left corner" unless you've positioned the picture such that its top and/or left edge gets moved outside the viewable area.   However, it's possible to push either the bottom or right edge out of the viewable area without any clear signal that's happened if you're not aware of the picture size.

           ~ André Gide

Marianne,

Download:  Keyboard Shortcuts for Microsoft Office Programs
then shoot to the MS site specific to PowerPoint that's listed in that document.

I believe they discuss the keyboard shortcuts for image manipulation.  Right now my internet service is being really, really cranky, particularly for downloading, so I cannot check this out (and, believe me, I've tried).  You may be able to determine if my memory is correct well before I can the way today's going.

           ~ André Gide

Marianne Denning

I am using the most current version of JAWS and Office 365. How can I independently size and position a picture in a slide in my presentation?

marianne@...