moderated [External] : Re: Interesting Phenomena

Cohn, Jonathan

Appears to be a Microsoft bug..

On another list  I read the below.

I can confirm that Microsoft startI can't tell from your description if this is related, but there is an Outlook issue quickly becoming famous today in which text physically disappears from the screen but is still available to screen readers. The web
version of Outlook is not affected.

Some text I saw from Microsoft on this, though I don't currently have a URL:

Title: Issue affecting viewing email content in Outlook

User Impact: Users may be unable to view email message content within Outlook.

More info: Initial reports indicate that Outlook on the web is unaffected and users with access to Outlook on the web can view email messages there while we work on a solution.

Current status: We're gathering and analyzing data in an effort to isolate the cause of impact. Initial reports indicate
that impact is specific to the Outlook client and users with access to other protocols, such as Outlook on the web or the Outlook mobile app, can view
message content in those platforms as a potential workaround.

 And a little later:
Microsoft  pushing out a fix, but I don't know specifics on how to know if/when it will be or was applied to a machine. Sounds like the fix is moving fast though.

You might go to the JAWS default settings, search for the word blank and see if you have the reading of blank lines turned off.