moderated Bluetooth Headset Not Reading First Dozen-or-so Characters or Line of Text

Richard Turner

I had to laugh out loud.

If my former coworkers heard anyone refer to my Jaws knowledge as “expertise,” they would be falling on the floor.

I spent years at work having to use Jaws when I would rather have been using Window-eyes and am afraid I let my work-place language slip quite a few times.

Since Window-Eyes will have been gone now for 6 years on May 15th, I’ve grown accustomed to Jaws’ face; whether I like it or not, grin.

I’m glad that helped. I only learned that setting a couple of months ago.

Enjoy,

Richard

"The highest reward for a person's toil is not what they get for it, but what they become by it."

- John Ruskin, 1819-1900

Web site: www.turner42.com

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ed Culpepper
Sent: Friday, May 7, 2021 12:46 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Bluetooth Headset Not Reading First Dozen-or-so Characters or Line of Text

Right on! Thanks, Richard, for clear, concise directions for resolving this issue. Your prompt, precise steps have my Bluetooth headset performing just like my wired earbuds. Thanks for sharing your expertise.

J Edward Culpepper, PhD

Huntsville, Alabama

Jeff Christiansen

G A R

Sent: Friday, May 7, 2021 1:46 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Bluetooth Headset Not Reading First Dozen-or-so Characters or Line of Text

Right on! Thanks, Richard, for clear, concise directions for resolving this issue. Your prompt, precise steps have my Bluetooth headset performing just like my wired earbuds. Thanks for sharing your expertise.

J Edward Culpepper, PhD

Huntsville, Alabama

Ed Culpepper

J Edward Culpepper, PhD

Huntsville, Alabama

Mario

the setting is also found in JAWS 2020.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Bluetooth Headset Not Reading First Dozen-or-so Characters or Line of Text
Date: Friday, May 7, 2021, 12:34 PM
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Is this the latest JAWS update?

Previous updates had to use Silenceo, with the latest JAWS 2021,I no longer
have to use Silenceo.

Anyone else have suggestions?

Sent: Friday, May 7, 2021 10:23 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Bluetooth Headset Not Reading First Dozen-or-so Characters or Line
of Text

Greetings - I have recently paired my Toorun M26 Blue Bluetooth headset with
my HP laptop. I am running the latest Jaws 2021 and Windows 10 with all
updates. When I attempt to read an e-mail message or text file, the first
characters of a line of text or a whole line of text will not be read.
Sometimes I can get the whole line to read through the headset if I press
the up and down arrow keys to move off and back onto the line of text. I do
not have this problem when using wired earbuds with the HP laptop. I have
not been able to find any setting that has any effect on what is read with
the Toorun M26 headset and Jaws 2021. I have not had any problems with the
headset failing to provide audio output as expected with earbuds or headset.

Any suggestions for getting consistent reading from my headset/laptop combo?

J Edward Culpepper, PhD

Huntsville, Alabama

Jeff Christiansen

Is this the latest JAWS update?

Previous updates had to use Silenceo, with the latest JAWS 2021,I no longer have to use Silenceo.

Anyone else have suggestions?

Sent: Friday, May 7, 2021 10:23 AM
Subject: Bluetooth Headset Not Reading First Dozen-or-so Characters or Line of Text

Greetings – I have recently paired my Toorun M26 Blue Bluetooth headset with my HP laptop. I am running the latest Jaws 2021 and Windows 10 with all updates. When I attempt to read an e-mail message or text file, the first characters of a line of text or a whole line of text will not be read. Sometimes I can get the whole line to read through the headset if I press the up and down arrow keys to move off and back onto the line of text. I do not have this problem when using wired earbuds with the HP laptop. I have not been able to find any setting that has any effect on what is read with the Toorun M26 headset and Jaws 2021. I have not had any problems with the headset failing to provide audio output as expected with earbuds or headset.

J Edward Culpepper, PhD

Huntsville, Alabama

Richard Turner

Yes.

Open the Jaws settings center with insert+6 on the numbers row.

Press control+shift+d to open the default settings.

Arrow down to user and right arrow, then arrow down until you find this setting:

JAWS Settings Center - Default (All Applications)
Avoid speech cut off when using Bluetooth headphones or some sound cards

I’m assuming it is not checked, so hit your spacebar and then tab to OK and hit enter.

Richard

"The highest reward for a person's toil is not what they get for it, but what they become by it."

- John Ruskin, 1819-1900

Web site: www.turner42.com

Sent: Friday, May 7, 2021 9:23 AM

Greetings – I have recently paired my Toorun M26 Blue Bluetooth headset with my HP laptop. I am running the latest Jaws 2021 and Windows 10 with all updates. When I attempt to read an e-mail message or text file, the first characters of a line of text or a whole line of text will not be read. Sometimes I can get the whole line to read through the headset if I press the up and down arrow keys to move off and back onto the line of text. I do not have this problem when using wired earbuds with the HP laptop. I have not been able to find any setting that has any effect on what is read with the Toorun M26 headset and Jaws 2021. I have not had any problems with the headset failing to provide audio output as expected with earbuds or headset.

J Edward Culpepper, PhD

Huntsville, Alabama

Ed Culpepper

J Edward Culpepper, PhD

Huntsville, Alabama