moderated Looking for Info to Help a Friend Upgrade JFW

Mario

thanks Bill for the clarification.

-------- Original Message --------
From: Bill White [mailto:billwhite92701@att.net]
Subject: Looking for Info to Help a Friend Upgrade JFW
Date: Monday, May 10, 2021, 12:03 PM
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Hi, Mario. I believe that only the versions of JAWS that are installed using the "subscription" method, rather than the "SMA" method of authorization will revert to 40-minute mode when the subscription expires.

Bill White

billwhite92701@att.net

From: Sieghard Weitzel [mailto:sieghard@live.ca]
Date: Monday, May 10, 2021, 10:15 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io>
Why doesn't your friend just call Vispero, then he or she can explain
their situation, what version they have now and ask for the cost to
upgrade using the traditional method and the subscription method. But as
others already said, if they are using 2018 this means they are 3
versions behind and we are half way to 2022 so the subscription approach
probably does make the most sense and it will always ensure they have
access to the latest version. Yes, you can continue to use Jaws without
an SMA if you are not using the subscription version as your friend
obviously has been doing, but I never believed in not always maintaining
my SMA's so essentially I was paying every 2 years instead of annually
and at $90 a year ($7.50 a month) this really is not a financial burdon.
The nice thing with the subscription for somebody who is several
versions behind is that all they do is pay their $90 and they are
instantly able to download the latest version without first having to
pay several hundred Dollars to bring their SMA up to date.

Best regards,
Sieghard

[...]

Yes, that's true, but only if he is in the United States.

Bill White

billwhite92701@att.net