moderated New message alerts in Thunderbird

Thunderbird has a new Option that allows you to control what happens when a new message arrives.

Open Thunderbird Options and search on "new messages" and the checkboxes and buttons that are associated with each of these options are all that shows up.  I have the checkbox for Show an alert unchecked, but if it is checked you can customize what will appear in alerts when they happen using the Customize button.

           ~ André Gide

Marty Hutchings

I am using Windows 10 with JAWS 21 and Thunderbird.  I am getting irritated with Thunderbird interupting JAWS when I am reading a message and a new message comes in, JAWS will interupt what I am reading to read the new message.  How can I stop this from happening.  I don't mind the message tone from Windows, but JAWS should continue reading without interuptions.