moderated pros and cons of Braille display

Justin Williams

Braille is absolutely, amazing.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Vaughan Dodd
Sent: Friday, April 23, 2021 6:06 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: pros and cons of Braille display

Adding to Justin’s comments:

Perfect for detailed proofreading. Unlike Justin, I read extensively with my Focus operaring sas a display. If I want standalone reading, I use another device. This extensive reading goes with my job, and because I also find prolonged and intensive reliance upon synthetic speech alone very fatiguing.

I have to provide comment on much of what I read for work, so braille display use ensures that I follow any conventions used in documentation such as case sensitivity, spelling etc.

Finally: for those of us with hearing loss, keeping braille skills sharp and using braille display technology is essential.

Vaughan.