moderated Raise/Lower hand meeting control in Zoom for Windows

Bill White

Thank you, Takis.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Panagiotis Antonopoulos
Sent: Friday, April 23, 2021 12:09 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Raise/Lower hand meeting control in Zoom for Windows

By tabbing several times in the meeting page.

From: Panagiotis Antonopoulos [mailto:pantonop2856@gmail.com]
Date: Thursday, April 22, 2021, 8:03 AM
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Hi Adrian/Bill/all,

Since its last update, zoom seems to be in great mess, with the more crucial the inability to use alt-y to have hands raised. We experienced that in a course on teams, which is conducted via zoom. I have also found some other annoying minor things, but hope all this will vanish soon.

Take care,

Takis

What I find distracting while on a Zoom call is that the application opens more than one window. My guess is that you need to be in the right window for alt-y to work or to find the alternative you’re seeking here.

Is there an easy way to find the Raise/Lower hand meeting control in the Participants panel using Zoom Meetings client for Windows? I know that the shortcut ALT+Y can be used. But is there an easy way using JAWS to navigate to the actual meeting control? Sometimes when using ALT+Y, I hear the error sound, as if ALT+Y is not focusing on the actual meeting control.

Thank you.

Bill White

billwhite92701@att.net <mailto:billwhite92701@att.net>

Panagiotis Antonopoulos

Hi Adrian/all,
Primarily I got inconsistent screens while logging and again a box to tick to allow video and audio or a screen to download zoom if I had not done that, which is entirely irrelevant in my case. The most annoying thing for me recently though is that when I want to invite someone and switch to my default mailer, outlook, it does not give the autocomplete address, with the result that I need to open, close, and finally, restart the computer. This is most annoying to me, but zoom is I think, not to blame. Take care, Takis

[...]

David Diamond

Here I thought it was just me having one of those moments.  About a week ago, I tried the Alt Y function to raise my hand.  It did not work.  I thought I had signed into Zoom twice and that’s why it would not work.

What I find distracting while on a Zoom call is that the application opens
more than one window. My guess is that you need to be in the right window
for alt-y to work or to find the alternative you’re seeking here.

Is there an easy way to find the Raise/Lower hand meeting control in the
Participants panel using Zoom Meetings client for Windows? I know that the
shortcut ALT+Y can be used. But is there an easy way using JAWS to navigate
to the actual meeting control? Sometimes when using ALT+Y, I hear the error
sound, as if ALT+Y is not focusing on the actual meeting control.

Thank you.

Bill White

billwhite92701@att.net <mailto:billwhite92701@att.net>

Tom Behler

For what it’s worth, I find the same thing when trying to use the Alt A command for muting and unmuting your audio when in a Zoom meeting.

You have to have focus in the right window for the command to work consistently.

Tom Behler

What I find distracting while on a Zoom call is that the application opens more than one window. My guess is that you need to be in the right window for alt-y to work or to find the alternative you’re seeking here.

Is there an easy way to find the Raise/Lower hand meeting control in the Participants panel using Zoom Meetings client for Windows? I know that the shortcut ALT+Y can be used. But is there an easy way using JAWS to navigate to the actual meeting control? Sometimes when using ALT+Y, I hear the error sound, as if ALT+Y is not focusing on the actual meeting control.

Thank you.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Leo

This is a serious problem. I’ve been using Zoom for the last 8 months with Jaws 2020 and Jaws 2021, and this problem has persisted  since then. In my personal case though, this happens to me with different combination keys, such as alt plus r to record a meeting, or even alt plus a to open  / close my Microphone.

Best,

     Leo Bado.