moderated Is visual studio accessible?

Jaffar Sidek <jaffar.sidek10@...>

Hi Anne.  Visual studio is definitely accessible.  however, the only edition of visual studio that is free is the community edition.  Visual studio itself is an IDE which stands for Integrated Development Environment.  If your student wants to learn c/c++, then he/she will have to choose the c/c++ compiler and tools as part of the visual studio download because they don't come with the visual studio download automatically.  Feel free to ask if there are more questions.  Cheers!

On 17/4/2021 3:59 am, Ann Byrne wrote:

My student wants to study programming.  can he expect to be able to use visual c++?  Is that the same as visual studio?  Is the latter accessible?  Is it still possible for a blink to program?  In which languages?

thanks,

Ann

Soronel Haetir

Visual studio is very accessible (and has been for years), though it
may well be confusing to the novice programmer simply due to the
number and kinds of options the interface presents.

--
Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@gmail.com

Chris Hill

Visual Studio is accessible to a large extent.  Easy to use, not really.  Programming for the blind is definitely possible, but a lot of it is visual, and getting hired has always been the trick part.

On 4/16/2021 14:59, Ann Byrne wrote:
My student wants to study programming.  can he expect to be able to use visual c++?  Is that the same as visual studio?  Is the latter accessible?  Is it still possible for a blink to program?  In which languages?

thanks,

Ann

Ann Byrne