From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jaffar Sidek
Sent: Friday, April 16, 2021 7:41 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: kortana screen

Juan.  I am afraid, and this is a personal thing of course, that the only way it can be closed is for you to go to task manager, press k until you encounter it, then press delete.  I've heard it can't be closed the normal way because it is a floating window.  Hopefully, someone else might have a better solution though.  Cheers!

On 16/4/2021 10:33 pm, Juan Hernandez wrote:

HI All,

I have this weird window that is called kortana where it has a edit box to type stuff to her, and a voice button to enable speaking to her.  I can’t seem to get rid of it though, it stays in my alt+tab order.  Does anyone know how to get rid of it?

Best,

Juan

Bill White

Hi, Juan. The only two ways to terminate Cortana are as follows, first, you can terminate Cortana through the Task Manager as some have said, or you can terminate it through the settings window as follows,

To Terminate Cortana

1. Open Windows Settings with Windows key plus I.

2. TAB to the list of Settings categories.

3. Right Arrow to Apps, and press ENTER.

4. TAB about nine times to the list of apps.

5. Arrow down to Cortana, and press ENTER.

6. TAB to Advanced Options, and press ENTER.

7. TAB to the Terminate button, and press ENTER.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...