moderated Braille entry with Jaws and an Orbit Reader display

Richard Turner <richardturner42@...>

I am not finding, and cannot remember, the braille command to enable typing into an edit field with Jaws using an Orbit Reader display.

Does anyone know?

I thought it was space+dots1,2,3,4,5,6.

That isn’t doing anything.

I’ve check the documentation …

Thanks,

Richard

My web site, www.turner42.com

Bill White

Hi, Richard. I just looked up the command, and you are correct about the command for enabling editing being Space + Dots 1 2 3 4 5 6. I don't know why it is not working for you. I only use my Orbit 20 reader in stand alone mode, so am not familiar with the braille commands for working with JAWS.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

I am not finding, and cannot remember, the braille command to enable typing into an edit field with Jaws using an Orbit Reader display.

Does anyone know?

I thought it was space+dots1,2,3,4,5,6.

That isn’t doing anything.

I’ve check the documentation …

Thanks,

Richard

My web site, www.turner42.com

Richard Turner <richardturner42@...>

Thanks Bill,

I thought that was right, where did you find that?  I thought I looked in all the right places … o well.

I think I know why it isn’t working.

I am running a beta specific to an issue I was having.  I’ll check back with Orbit Research.

Thanks again,

Richard

My web site, www.turner42.com

Hi, Richard. I just looked up the command, and you are correct about the command for enabling editing being Space + Dots 1 2 3 4 5 6. I don't know why it is not working for you. I only use my Orbit 20 reader in stand alone mode, so am not familiar with the braille commands for working with JAWS.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

I am not finding, and cannot remember, the braille command to enable typing into an edit field with Jaws using an Orbit Reader display.

Does anyone know?

I thought it was space+dots1,2,3,4,5,6.

That isn’t doing anything.

I’ve check the documentation …

Thanks,

Richard

My web site, www.turner42.com

Bill White

Hi, Richard. It is in the Orbit Reader User Guide, under JAWS General Commands. It is a table,  and the exact command is listed under,

Toggle type keys mode

Space + Dots 1 2 3 4 5 6

Bill White

billwhite92701@...