moderated Emails groupped together

On Wed, Mar 31, 2021 at 01:51 PM, Richard Turner wrote:
but using Jaws with Outlook, I cannot stand the way conversations are done.
-
In what way?  And I mean that as a serious question.  Conversation view can be customized.  If you like how it works on the iPhone I'd be willing to bet that a few settings tweaks specific to conversation arrangement could reproduce it with ease.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 20H2, Build 19042  

There are many who labor under the gross misapprehension that the Constitution is a cage and a laundry-list rather than a framework upon which great things have been and still will be built. Many things that are entirely Constitutional are not "in the Constitution," but are allowed under it.

~Brian Vogel

Richard Turner

Interesting.

I like the way the iPhone handles threads, but using Jaws with Outlook, I cannot stand the way conversations are done.

If I had to deal with many hundreds of emails a day, I would learn to live with conversations.

But as it is, it is a tool I’ll leave in the toolbox, grin.

Richard

Ralph's Observation:  It is a mistake to allow any mechanical object<>to realize that you are in a hurry.

My web site, www.turner42.com

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Wednesday, March 31, 2021 10:39 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Emails groupped together

I would not recommend turning off conversation view.  But if you find having to hit enter on a conversation to expand it annoying I would tweak the setting for auto-expand conversations to ON, such that when you land on one it will expand by itself.

I also find it really handy, whether using conversation view or not, to have followed these directions for Adding the Next Unread Item Button to Your Messages Tab/Ribbon in Outlook (docx).  Being able to jump from where you are to the next unread item directly speeds things up considerably.
--

There are many who labor under the gross misapprehension that the Constitution is a cage and a laundry-list rather than a framework upon which great things have been and still will be built. Many things that are entirely Constitutional are not "in the Constitution," but are allowed under it.

~Brian Vogel

I would not recommend turning off conversation view.  But if you find having to hit enter on a conversation to expand it annoying I would tweak the setting for auto-expand conversations to ON, such that when you land on one it will expand by itself.

I also find it really handy, whether using conversation view or not, to have followed these directions for Adding the Next Unread Item Button to Your Messages Tab/Ribbon in Outlook (docx).  Being able to jump from where you are to the next unread item directly speeds things up considerably.
--

~Brian Vogel

Richard Turner

I suggest doing a quick web search for how to turn off conversations in Outlook 2016.

You should find the answer quickly.

Richard

Ralph's Observation:  It is a mistake to allow any mechanical object<>to realize that you are in a hurry.

My web site, www.turner42.com

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of kevin meyers
Sent: Wednesday, March 31, 2021 10:25 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Emails groupped together

Hello,

I’m using the most recent versions of windows10, Outlook2016 and Jaws2021. I did a update to Office2016 a few weeks ago. Since then I have noticed that emails in a folder are being grouped together. One of the emails will begin with saying conversation. I have to press enter on that email. Then to actually get into an email I have to press enter twice. Is it possible to have all emails show up and not grouped together?

Thanks,

Kevin

kevin meyers

Hello,

I’m using the most recent versions of windows10, Outlook2016 and Jaws2021. I did a update to Office2016 a few weeks ago. Since then I have noticed that emails in a folder are being grouped together. One of the emails will begin with saying conversation. I have to press enter on that email. Then to actually get into an email I have to press enter twice. Is it possible to have all emails show up and not grouped together?

Thanks,

Kevin