moderated installing the latest version of Jaws

Rebecca Ilniski

Hi everyone.  I’m running Jaws 2021 and am trying to install the latest version of Jaws which is the one that came out in February of this year.  I tried updating it and it says The Jaws install has failed.  I tried repairing Jaws and that has failed.  I even went up on the site to redownload the latest version and still the same message about the Jaws install failing.  Any ideas as to how I can get this latest version to install correctly?  Thank you.

Rebecca Ilniski and guide dog Marvin

Email: rilniski@...

Twitter: applegirl1994

Milton Ota

Are you getting prompt by the UAC which is the user Access Control? If so, you need to use the keystroke alt + Y to allow access to be installed.

If that is not the case, would you like me to tandem into your computer to see what is going on?

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Rebecca Ilniski
Sent: Sunday, March 28, 2021 6:07 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: installing the latest version of Jaws

Hi everyone.  I’m running Jaws 2021 and am trying to install the latest version of Jaws which is the one that came out in February of this year.  I tried updating it and it says The Jaws install has failed.  I tried repairing Jaws and that has failed.  I even went up on the site to redownload the latest version and still the same message about the Jaws install failing.  Any ideas as to how I can get this latest version to install correctly?  Thank you.

Rebecca Ilniski

Hi Milton. I do get the UAC and hit alt y for yes. I hit space to say I agree with the license agreement and hit enter. I wait for it to install and then it says The Jaws Install has failed. 

Rebecca Ilniski and Marvin
email: rilniski@...

On Mar 28, 2021, at 7:47 PM, Milton Ota <mota1252@...> wrote:

Are you getting prompt by the UAC which is the user Access Control? If so, you need to use the keystroke alt + Y to allow access to be installed.

If that is not the case, would you like me to tandem into your computer to see what is going on?

Mike B.

Hi Rebecca,

Are you updating using the update feature in Jaws, or are you downloading the update and running it from your computer?  If you're using the update feature in Jaws try downloading the update and running it from you're computer instead.  The February update download link is below.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, March 28, 2021 5:40 PM
Subject: Re: installing the latest version of Jaws

Hi Milton. I do get the UAC and hit alt y for yes. I hit space to say I agree with the license agreement and hit enter. I wait for it to install and then it says The Jaws Install has failed. 

Rebecca Ilniski and Marvin

On Mar 28, 2021, at 7:47 PM, Milton Ota <mota1252@...> wrote:

Rebecca Ilniski

Hi Mike.  Thanks for sending along the link.  Unfortunately I get the same results after downloading it from the web site.  I’ll be calling Vispero in the morning.  Here’s hoping they can fix my Jaws issue.  I’ve done both from updating it and then just downloading it from the site with the same error message.

Cohn, Jonathan

It sounds strange, but if you did not install the December release of JAWS 2020 and you have JAWS 2020 on your system, then try installing that update. See quote below from that release notes.
• In the 2020 December Update, we have included a fix that will help users of ZoomText and Fusion in the future when they uninstall that version yet continue to use later versions. There was a problem in earlier 2020 versions where it was impacting shared components with other versions such as the most recent release. We encourage anyone who still has the 2020 versions installed, to please update now even if you are not currently using it. 

Rebecca Ilniski

Well just tried to call and the phone keeps ringing with no answer.  Maybe they are out of the office today?  Unfortunately I’m still at square 1 with this Jaws issue. 

John Covici

Did you try one of the following: Downloading the full installer,
and/or uninstalling Jaws 2021, but keeping the shared components?

On Mon, 29 Mar 2021 10:06:52 -0400,
Rebecca Ilniski wrote:

[1 <text/plain; us-ascii (7bit)>]
Well just tried to call and the phone keeps ringing with no answer. Maybe
they are out of the office today? Unfortunately I'm still at square 1 with
this Jaws issue.

Email: rilniski@gmail.com <mailto:rilniski@gmail.com>

[2 <text/html; us-ascii (quoted-printable)>]
--
Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@ccs.covici.com

Rebecca Ilniski

Hi John.  Uninstalling and keeping the shared components and installing the latest version of Jaws 2021 did the trick.  I’ll have to remember this the next time this happens.  Thanks so much!

Steve Nutt

Hi,

I would uninstall JAWS, then reinstall it. You don’t need to remove your settings.

All the best

Steve

--

To subscribe to our News and Special Offers list, go to https://www.comproom.co.uk/subscribe

Computer Room Services

77 Exeter Close

Stevenage

Hertfordshire

SG1 4PW

T: +44(0)1438-742286

M: +44(0)7956-334938

F: +44(0)1438-759589

E: steve@...

W: https://www.comproom.co.uk

Sent: 29 March 2021 02:14
Subject: Re: installing the latest version of Jaws

Hi Mike.  Thanks for sending along the link.  Unfortunately I get the same results after downloading it from the web site.  I’ll be calling Vispero in the morning.  Here’s hoping they can fix my Jaws issue.  I’ve done both from updating it and then just downloading it from the site with the same error message.