moderated using a pc with a fingerprint/faceID reader?

Rayn Darren

I have the same problem Soronel, I've just stopped using it altogether.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Soronel Haetir
Sent: Sunday, April 4, 2021 8:41 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: using a pc with a fingerprint/faceID reader?

My problem with the fingerprint scanner has nothing to do with setting it up (that part went fine), it's just that whether it works for actual login is very hit-or-miss and it doesn't seem to matter how often I clean the thing or how carefully I position my finger.

On 4/4/21, Jessica D <jldail13@outlook.com> wrote:
Hi,

I’m not sure. It just didn’t say anything at that particular stage, so
I got sighted help, & got it setup.
It works amazingly well.

Thanks,
Jessica
On Apr 4, 2021, at 2:46 AM, Phillip Gross <phillip_gross@outlook.com> wrote:

Okay, a couple of things. I had been using a Surface Book with Face
ID for a couple of years. I had some trouble with it depending on sun
glasses, angle of the screen, etc. I recently got a computer with a
fingerprint reader and I like it much better. Something that helps
with both of them is to go into settings after the computer is scanned
up and do another setup of your finger or your face while using a better screen reader than narrator.

To the original poster, what was the problem with narrator and the
fingerprint reader. I have set up windows multiple times with a
fingerprint reader and it will always say to lift my finger and to place it back down.
Then it will tell me to move my finger around while lifting it and
placing it.

--
Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@gmail.com

Soronel Haetir

Jessica D <jldail13@...>

On Apr 4, 2021, at 2:46 AM, Phillip Gross <phillip_gross@...> wrote:

Okay, a couple of things. I had been using a Surface Book with Face ID for a couple of years. I had some trouble with it depending on sun glasses, angle of the screen, etc. I recently got a computer with a fingerprint reader and I like it much better. Something that helps with both of them is to go into settings after the computer is scanned up and do another setup of your finger or your face while using a better screen reader than narrator.

To the original poster, what was the problem with narrator and the fingerprint reader. I have set up windows multiple times with a fingerprint reader and it will always say to lift my finger and to place it back down. Then it will tell me to move my finger around while lifting it and placing it.

Phillip Gross

Okay, a couple of things. I had been using a Surface Book with Face ID for a couple of years. I had some trouble with it depending on sun glasses, angle of the screen, etc. I recently got a computer with a fingerprint reader and I like it much better. Something that helps with both of them is to go into settings after the computer is scanned up and do another setup of your finger or your face while using a better screen reader than narrator.

To the original poster, what was the problem with narrator and the fingerprint reader. I have set up windows multiple times with a fingerprint reader and it will always say to lift my finger and to place it back down. Then it will tell me to move my finger around while lifting it and placing it.

Rayn Darren

Glad to know it's not just me, thanks!