moderated temporarily changing punctuation

Udo Egner-Walter

Hi Ann,

If I realize a hot key will not work in an application but in others I do the following:

1. Press JAWS+F2 and select Keyboard Manager and open it with enter key
2. If Keyboard Manager is open press Control+Shift+D to open the default settings
3. Press tab key to go into the list of scripts
4. Press Control+F to search for a hot key. A dialog will open in which you can press the hot key that is to be searched (here it is insert + shift + 2)
5. Press enter key to start the search
6. If the key is found JAWS will place itself on the script which is assigned to this key
7. Open context menu by pressing context menu key or shift+F10
8.. In the context menu you can select the command to add a new hot key. If the hot key is assigned to another script JAWS will tell you. I used Alt+Shift+2 in my test.

If this doesn't work for you let me know and I try to describe to manually change the JAWS key bindings file in your setting folder.

Good luck
Udo

Am 25.03.2021 um 22:29 schrieb Ann Byrne <annakb@sbcglobal.net>:

In a recent JAWS update, I read that insert+shift+2 will temporarily change punctuation through all, some, most, and none. When I use the keystroke in most programs, it works just fine. However, in Excel when I want to temporarily hear *all punctuation, pressing insert+shift+2 sets monitor cell 2. Is there a quick easy way to temporarily change punctuation in Excel?

Steve Nutt

Yeah, what they need to do, is to reassign that Excel key.

All the best

Steve

Computer Room Services
77 Exeter Close
Stevenage
Hertfordshire
SG1 4PW
T: +44(0)1438-742286
M: +44(0)7956-334938
F: +44(0)1438-759589
E: steve@comproom.co.uk
Insert-V, then search for "punctuation", then adjust the setting - changing it back later as desired.