moderated turn off email notifications

Stan Holdeman

Listers: How do I turn off email notifications from Outlook 2016? As it now they intrude even when I am doing other apps.

Running Windows 10 and jaws 2021.

Stan

Stan

Richard Turner <richardturner42@...>

The first place to check is in the Options within outlook.

Press alt+f then t.

Arrow down once to Mail, and tab across and make sure anything to do with notifications, sounds, etc., are not checked.

You may also have a sound setting in your Sound Scheme, but start with the options settings first.

Richard

My web site, www.turner42.com

Listers: How do I turn off email notifications from Outlook 2016? As it now they intrude even when I am doing other apps.

Running Windows 10 and jaws 2021.

Stan

Stan

Bill White

Hi, Stan.

1. Open Outlook.

2. Press ALT, followed by F, then T for Options.

3. Arrow down to Mail, but do not press ENTER.

4. TAB to Display a Desktop Alert, and make sure this box is not checked.

5. TAB to OK, and press ENTER.

This should suppress desktop alerts, which is what you may be experiencing as notifications.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Listers: How do I turn off email notifications from Outlook 2016? As it now they intrude even when I am doing other apps.

Running Windows 10 and jaws 2021.

Stan

Stan

Stan Holdeman

Thanks, Bill and Richard. Time will tell for sure, but I think that did the trick.

Stan